Among the whole variety of growths, the sponges are distinguished – neoplasms of a viral nature on the skin of the feet and hands. These growths, painful when pressed, are also called "shipiga", "spike". They can significantly impair the quality of life of their carrier. It owes its name to the similarity of pain during pressure with a spike injection, and its structure: the extracted body of the wart with the root resembles a carnation or spike.
What is the tenon, its structure
An ordinary wart can appear on any part of the body, but most often they are found on the sole or palm. Appearing first on the fingers, under favorable conditions, they can increase the area of distribution, moving to neighboring areas.
Outwardly, the shipitsa looks like an ordinary corn. At the initial stage of development, they are almost indistinguishable.
In its formation, warts go through several stages:
- The penetration of virus cells through places on the skin where the integrity of the cover is broken (cracks, punctures, cuts, scratches). Those. two factors must coincide: the presence of open and untreated antiseptic skin damage and contact with infected epithelium. Once in the skin cells, the virus, without encountering resistance, begins to multiply;
- Gradually, a small spherical growth of a yellowish color resembling a corns forms. At the initial stage, it is painless and, if it is on the foot, it is not immediately noticed;
- After a couple of weeks, the neoplasm is transformed, acquiring the distinctive features of the tenon:
- The growth looks like a round formation with clearly defined edges, with a diameter of about 1 cm;
- Black dots appear in the middle, which are nothing more than clogged blood vessels;
- Have a heterogeneous structure, rough keratinized surface;
- They grow deep into the skin, reaching the roots of nerve endings. When viewed through a microscope, it is noticeable how much the basal layer of the epidermis has grown;
- The center of the tongue is separated from the rest by a kind of furrow;
- When you step on a shiphip, the sensations are as if a sharp object pierces the skin;
- It tends to grow into neighboring areas of the skin as a result of frequent injury, lack of hygiene;
- If you cut off only the upper part, leaving its infectious root, after a short period of time a new wart or even several will appear in the same place.
Sometimes the pain from the tongue on the heel is confused with the heel spur. It will hurt in one place, but the nature of the pain is different. The difference is that a spur is bone growth in the form of a spiky protrusion on the heel. Whereas the doggock develops in the epithelium.
The causes of the appearance of the herpica and the transmission route
From a medical point of view, shipitsa is an ordinary wart caused by the human papillomavirus. A variety of HPV strains have infected most of humanity. The virus causes tumors on the skin and mucous surfaces. The shape and structure varies greatly: from soft, filamentary, protruding above the surface of the skin, to hard, deepened into the epithelium.
Sponges appear in connection with the penetration of HPV strains 1, 4 into the human body. These strains were not seen in provoking malignant neoplasms. Nevertheless, even benign formations that cannot pass on the body should be taken with all possible seriousness, because This is a signal of general distress in the body.
Despite the fact that almost one in eight out of ten readers of this article is likely to be infected with HPV, not all of them will find tumors. The tendency to skin manifestations of the disease appears when exposed to the following factors:
- Weakening of the body's defenses, including in connection with pregnancy or stress;
- The presence of untreated chronic diseases, including diabetes mellitus, HIV infection, disorders of the peripheral circulatory system;
- Medical manipulations associated with suppression of immunity (for example, during an organ transplant);
- Lack of good nutrition. The deficiency of fresh vegetables and fruits in the daily diet and the associated lack of vitamins weakens the body's ability to withstand the virus, and it “attacks”;
- Unhealthy lifestyle: lack of physical activity, alcohol abuse, smoking;
- Lack of hygiene;
- Sweating of the feet and hands;
- Close uncomfortable shoes, the wearing of which leads to damage to the skin and "opens the gate" for infection;
- Living in adverse environmental conditions;
- Hypothermia of the body.
Sponges can be infected through the household:
- Through handshakes with a person on whose palms there are neoplasms;
- Through the use of items common with an infected person that carry particles of infected epithelium (towels, shoes, clothes, stationery, etc.);
- In pools, baths and saunas when walking barefoot and using common shoes, towels.
In most people, the resulting wart passes spontaneously at the initial stage. Strong immunity suppresses the virus, and the skin is restored to its original state. The duration of treatment is individual: from a couple of weeks to a couple of years.
Psychologists identify emotional and mental causes for the tendency to form growths. Since their appearance is associated with oppressed immunity, psychologists believe that the sponges arise as a result of the stress and the feeling of resentment caused by them – those conditions that weaken the immune system. In addition, patients with warts are prone to reflection, overly demanding of themselves, do not notice their merits.
Thus, people with depression who regularly experience emotional upheaval at work or at home constitute a risk group.
The little dog on the face is an extremely rare occurrence. Knowing the transmission of the virus, we can conclude that here it can appear solely due to lack of hygiene in humans. In the presence of microdamages on the skin of the face, for example, cracks on the lip, infected epithelium from the fingers gets into them, and the infection begins to develop.
In the event of an unidentified growth on the lip or other part of the face, it is recommended to exclude self-medication, and contact a medical institution. A dermatologist examines a tumor using dermatoscopy. If the results of the study confirm that this is a simple wart, a specialist will remove it in the most gentle and suitable way from a cosmetic point of view. In case of doubtful results, the patient will be sent for an appointment with an oncodermatologist who will prescribe the appropriate treatment.
Are the tongs dangerous during pregnancy
Sponges can occur during pregnancy due to the natural weakening of a woman's immunity during the period of gestation. Hormonal changes can also lead to virus activation.
In such a situation, removal of the neoplasm should be treated with special attention and the following rules must be observed:
- Interferon, retinoids, and other chemotherapeutic substances are prohibited. It is better to refrain from using the drug "Superchistotel", as it can be unnecessarily dangerous for the body of a pregnant woman;
- The best security option for the removal of herpes – laser coagulation and cryodestruction. In the process, bleeding is excluded, subsequently there are no scars. The method does not require anesthesia;
- If the method of treating the growth with acid is chosen for treatment, extreme caution should be observed.
The expectant mothers, on whose body appeared a doggock, are worried about the question: is the growth dangerous for the unborn child, is the doggel transmitted to the child? The answer is unequivocal – no. But for a pregnant woman, if the neoplasm appears on the foot, it can cause more and more discomfort, up to and including problems with movement. Given the constant increase in weight, pressure on the feet will increase, pain increases. As a result, the woman will begin to limp, and the consequences of improper load distribution will begin to appear.
Thus, during pregnancy, it is better not to delay getting rid of the tongue, choosing the safest method for this.
What to treat
A wide range of tools and methods are used for the destruction of shipitsa. It is believed that at the initial stage of the development of a wart, it is easy to remove it yourself using pharmacy drugs or traditional medicine methods. In such situations, resort to the following means:
- Correction of the foot position in shoes using orthopedic insoles, arch support. Replacing shoes with a more comfortable one;
- Use of drugs: "Celandine", "Superchistotel" (not possible during pregnancy), silver ion concentrate, lapis pencil, Ferezol, Verukatsid. The action of these substances is based on the destruction of tissues through cauterization. Usually, before use, it is recommended to steam the leg, dry and apply the product strictly on the wart, so as not to cause a chemical burn of a healthy epithelium;
- Reception of vitamin complexes and immunomodulators that increase the body's resistance to infections.
In advanced cases, the removal of the tongue is best left to the hands of a specialist. Modern methods for the radical removal of warts are diverse and painless.
Most often, the following procedures are recommended:
- Laser coagulation – burning of infected epithelium with a laser. This is one of the most popular methods, having many positive reviews, because it allows you to remove the growth in one session;
- Exposure to the wart with special acid. After several sessions of application under a thick layer of dead epithelium, the growth will turn black. Subsequently, the place of the wart should be opened, and the contents come out of it – the tongue with a root;
- Burning with liquid nitrogen – freezing a wart, followed by cleaning out dead tissue. Several sessions may be required if the wart is very large;
- Surgical removal using a scalpel – used to remove extensive growths.
The well-known axiom says that any disease is easier to prevent than to cure. You can prevent the appearance of shipitsa and help the body recover by adjusting the lifestyle in accordance with the following recommendations:
- Observe hygiene rules, especially if there is a person with growths in the environment;
- In public places, it is recommended that you use your stationery;
- In pools, baths, saunas, fitness centers, wear your own shoes, use your own towel;
- Wear high-quality leather shoes, monitor its cleanliness and dryness;
- Avoid sweating feet, do not allow prolonged stay of the feet in wet shoes;
- Any skin lesions should be treated immediately with bactericidal agents;
- Regularly take measures to strengthen immunity: engage in jogging or other available sport, dousing or taking a contrast shower;
- Adjust your diet, getting rid of fast food, refined and hard to digest food. The daily menu should contain an adequate amount of fresh vegetables, fruits, greens. Useful are sea fish, nuts, bee products (in the absence of allergies);
- If possible, cure concomitant diseases, destroy foci of infections, (for example, carious teeth);
- To control the state of mind, try to maintain a harmonious state in order to exclude the psychosomatic causes of the disease. This can help meditation, yoga.
These days, wart infection is not a sentence. To avoid complications of the tongue, it is recommended to remove these growths at an early stage. Medicine offers a wide range of products of varying degrees and effectiveness and cost level.