Nail fungus – it is from an unpleasant and widespread dermatological disease. To combat it, many antimycotic drugs have been created in various pharmacological forms. However, people still prefer to be treated with folk remedies. Among them, there are several particularly effective drugs that the fungus is afraid of like fire.
Features of preparing nails for treatment
Before applying any antifungal agent, you need to prepare the treated area. To do this, you need to steam your legs well. This will help soften a thickened, hard nail and clean it of dirt.
Next, the free, overgrown edge of the plate is carefully cut with nail clippers. If there are areas that exfoliate from the nail bed, then they also need to be removed. The nail file cuts off the upper layer of the affected area. This is necessary in order to partially get rid of the pathogen, fixed in the loose outer layers of keratin, and to open access for the penetration of active antimycotic substances into the depth of the plate.
During the preparatory measures, it is important to observe precautions so as not to spread the disease to healthy nails. For this, it is recommended to use disposable manicure tools, and disinfect metal devices with special solutions with a fungicidal effect. If there is no way to get such a tool, then it is enough to calcine them over the fire, treat them with medical 96% alcohol or boil.
Baths that nail fungus is afraid of
In order for the treatment to be successful, and the treatment of the affected nail is light and painless, it is important to carefully steam out the feet. To do this, you need hot water in which it will be comfortable to keep your legs. Usually, for humans, the optimum temperature is 40-45 degrees, but this figure can vary depending on individual qualities.
To hold the foot bath you will need a small capacity. It should fit one or two feet on which sore nails are located. It must be washed and treated after each use with a disinfectant solution or laundry soap and boiling water. This will subsequently save from re-infection.
Methods for preparing solutions for foot baths:
- With vinegar. The simplest recipe is to mix 1 cup of apple cider vinegar with 3 cups of hot water. The solution turns out to be quite concentrated, so only sick areas need to be placed in it. After 15-20 minutes, feet should be wiped dry without washing them, or allowed to dry on their own outdoors. If during the procedure there were unpleasant sensations – burning, pain, then it is necessary to stop steaming and reduce the concentration of the solution. A mixture of acid with alkali is still effective on the fungus. These are two products that he fears like fire. In 2-3 liters of hot water, add 1 cup of baking soda and a glass of vinegar. Feet immediately fall into the water. While there is a chemical reaction, a slight tingling sensation may be felt. The procedure should be carried out 20-30 minutes;
- With soda. In 2 liters of boiling water add 3-4 tbsp. l baking soda, stir well and cool to the optimum temperature. Lower your legs for 30-40 minutes. This solution not only cleanses, but also disinfects the surface of the nail, as well as softens rough skin and loose plates. Soda can be combined with an alcoholic solution of iodine to increase its healing properties. 2 liters of water, 2 tbsp. l soda and 15 drops of iodine. After 30 minutes, the legs should be dried and treated with an antifungal agent;
- Herbal decoctions. Medicinal herbs have been used to treat fungal infections for a long time. Most of them can be bought at any pharmacy or prepared on their own. The most effective plant that easily fights infection is celandine. It also relieves inflammation, disinfects, enhances local immunity, and prevents the spread of the disease. 5 tbsp. l dried grass is placed in an enameled container with 1 liter of water. Over low heat, the broth is brought to a boil and left for 7-10 minutes. After cooling and straining, the medicinal fluid is added to the baths for steaming the legs, 1 glass per liter.
Therapy of the fungus with folk methods
To get rid of the disease at the initial stage, you can use cheap folk remedies. In the case of an old, neglected fungus, it is better to combine conservative treatment methods with non-traditional.
Fighting an infection that has settled in the human body
To get rid of nail fungus, it is not enough to use external funds. For oral administration, it is recommended to use decoctions of medicinal plants that increase immunity and fight infection that has entered the bloodstream.
Recipes of herbal decoctions:
- In equal proportions, mix wormwood with yarrow, plantain and burdock root. It is necessary to fill in 1 tbsp. l Collect a glass of boiling water and leave under the lid for the night to insist. In the morning, strain and discard the cake. The resulting drink is divided into three doses and drunk during the day. The course of treatment is 6-8 weeks;
- Mix mint with dry sage. 1 tsp pour boiling water, and drink in an hour. This decoction helps to launch the protective functions of the body, improve the general condition of the skin and internal organs.
External fungus control agents
For local treatment of onychomycosis, funds with a fungicidal effect should be used. They inhibit the viability of fungal spores, prevent them from spreading to healthy areas, relieve inflammation, itching, burning and other unpleasant symptoms.
The fungus loves a neutral alkaline environment, so any fluctuations in it can kill the infection. To change the pH level, apple or table vinegar is most suitable. But you can use other varieties of this product.
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar is mixed with the same amount of medical 96% alcohol, add 1 tsp. pharmacy glycerin. With this mixture, you need to regularly smear the affected nail, rubbing a little. It is better to do this twice a day after steaming and processing the plates, until it grows healthy.
Mix a little vinegar with wheat flour to make a thick dough. A small ball is formed from it, which must be flattened and glued to the nail. The cake should be fixed with a bandage for the whole night. Such a compress helps to quickly defeat the fungus.
Three raw chicken proteins are mixed with 2 tbsp. l vinegar essence, vodka or alcohol diluted with water. The composition is impregnated with a bandage folded in several layers, or a cotton swab. The lotion is applied and fixed on the nail for the night.
The use of sea or table salt helps to kill the infection, soften rough nails, and disinfect the surface. In the presence of small abrasions, ulcers and wounds, it is necessary to use recipes based on it carefully, since salt can provoke pain and irritation.
In cool boiled water, 250 ml should be dissolved 1 tbsp. l with a slide of any salt. A cotton swab is impregnated with a solution and applied for 1 hour to a sore spot twice a day.
In 2 liters of boiling water dissolves 4 tbsp. l laundry soap grated on a fine grater. Added 2 tbsp. l with a slide of sea salt. Hands or feet soar in the solution for 20-30 minutes. Such a bath is good to carry out before each application of antifungal agents.
Tar soap is an effective natural antiseptic. It is often used in the treatment of nail fungus in conjunction with other agents, including salt. Soap must be foamed to a thick foam. It is applied to the affected nail plates with a thick layer and sprinkled with fine sea salt. Then the finger should be bandaged and left overnight. In the morning, wash your feet with warm water and soap.
Nowadays, this penny drug is not known to many, but in Soviet times it was often used to treat many dermatological diseases. Many pensioners who found those times still use it in treatment. This antiseptic is created on the basis of an extract from a frog skin and has a number of useful properties. Among them – wound healing, immunostimulating, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antimycotic. Now, ASD is veterinary, so it is impossible to purchase it in an ordinary pharmacy.
To get rid of the fungus, it is enough to apply a thin layer of a solution of the third fraction on a sore nail, cover it with oilcloth or parchment paper, insulate with cotton wool and fix with a bandage. With such a compress you need to walk for a day. After removing it, it is recommended to wash your feet with soap, steam, treat your nails and re-coat the drug.
The fungus on the legs is afraid of the usual alcoholic solution of iodine. At the initial stage, it is enough to treat a sick nail daily in the morning and evening. So that the infection does not spread to healthy plates, they can also be lubricated with a thin layer once every 2 days.
You can also mix iodine with apple cider vinegar in equal proportions and grease the nails with the mixture every day. After two weeks, you need to take a ten-day break, and then resume treatment until a new plate grows.
Often, different oils are used to treat onychomycosis in the first stages. They have anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antibacterial properties. Their use will help get rid of the unpleasant symptoms of a fungal infection, as well as avoid the consequences of the addition of secondary infections.
Usually, to eliminate onychomycosis, oil of oregano, tea tree, lavender, rosemary is used. To reduce itching and burning, it is enough to anoint one of them with a nail and surrounding skin for several days in a row.
Also, oils are used in the preparation of complex medicines – they are added to baths, solutions for compresses and lotions. They can be combined with each other, mixing in equal proportions.