Fungal damage to the feet and nails is accompanied by unpleasant symptoms, as well as dangerous consequences – the attachment of secondary infections, the inflammatory process, a change in the shape and color of the plates or their complete / partial loss. To get rid of the disease in the early stages, it is not necessary to resort to expensive drugs. A simple, cheap remedy – Fukortsin can help in the treatment of mycosis.
Features of the drug
The main active ingredients in the composition of Fucorcin:
- Acetone. It has a drying, disinfecting effect;
- Boric acid. It has an antiseptic, antifungal property;
- Resorcinol. Loosens the nail plate and coarsened areas of the skin on the foot, stimulates tissue regeneration;
- Magenta. It has a depressing effect on the processes of reproduction, vital activity of fungi, because of which they die. It is a powerful bactericidal substance;
- Phenol. An antiseptic that destroys many pathogenic microorganisms.
An auxiliary component is medical 95% alcohol, which is a solvent and a link for the rest of the ingredients.
The drug is intended for use in the following cases:
- antibacterial treatment of abrasions, wounds, cuts;
- skin fungus;
- treatment of purulent formations;
- herpetic eruptions on the body;
- disinfection of postoperative sutures.
In the treatment of fungus, Fukortsin has a detrimental effect on infectious agents, slowing down the processes of their reproduction, and relieves the manifestation of the symptoms of the disease – redness, inflammation, peeling, itching, dryness, deformation of the nail, etc.
Fucorcin is a drug for external use only. If a large amount of the drug enters the mucous membranes, mouth or eyes, rinse them with water.
When penetrated into the body, it can provoke burns of the digestive tract and severe poisoning.
It is forbidden to use when:
- the presence of allergies, hypersensitivity to one of the substances that make up the composition;
- during pregnancy or lactation;
- with some types of chronic dermatitis;
- under the age of 7 years.
Advantages and disadvantages
Like any remedy, Fukortsin has its drawbacks. These include:
- persistent staining of the nail plate and skin in a bright pink color;
- poor effectiveness in advanced cases of the disease;
- can not be used for extensive lesions;
- possible damage to clothing and surrounding objects in contact with the solution.
The benefits of treating Fucorcin fungus:
- Comprehensive action. The drug kills fungus, pathogenic bacteria, relieves inflammation, disinfects the surface, promotes skin healing and keratin regeneration;
- Low price and availability. The solution is sold in any pharmacy. Its cost is 30-70 rubles, depending on the volume;
- A wide range of antibacterial action. Helps prevent the attachment of secondary infections of various types;
- The minimum likelihood of adverse reactions with proper use.
Other topical drugs that have a similar effect are also sold in pharmacies. They are also used to treat onychomycosis and foot fungus.
- Potassium iodide in the form of a solution and its derivatives. It has antibacterial, fungicidal and disinfecting effects;
- Chlorhexidine. Antiseptic solution. Often used to disinfect feet for fungal infections;
- Lugol. Disinfects the surface of the skin, relieves pain;
- Fucaseptol. Liquid with antimycotic and antibacterial properties.
Instructions for use Fucorcin for fungus of the skin and nails
You can use the solution yourself to treat the fungus only at the initial stage of the disease, when the lesion area is small. Later, when the infection spreads to most of the plate or the surrounding skin on the toes, complex therapy with antifungal ointments, gels, creams and tablets is recommended.
Fucorcin with nail and skin fungus is applied after preparing the affected areas. To do this, you must:
- Make a hot bath, steam the legs for 20-30 minutes. This will help to clean the surface of dirt, soften the stratum corneum;
- With manicure tools, trim the nail as short as possible. Remove the area exfoliated from the nail bed. To clean the loosened surface;
- Pumice or pedicure file to treat keratinized areas of the foot to get rid of dead skin cells of the epidermis;
- Rinse feet, dry with a disposable paper towel.
Fucorcin has a strong drying effect, therefore it is necessary to protect healthy skin around the nail and the foci of infection on the soft tissues. To do this, a thick layer of fat cream, vegetable oil or petroleum jelly is applied to it.
During the treatment period it is recommended to regularly use moisturizers to avoid increased dryness of the skin and keratin plate.
To get rid of the toenail fungus, it is necessary to apply one drop of the drug to the affected area daily, avoiding its contact with the surrounding skin. With a slight infection, this should be done 2 times a day. If most of the nail is affected, the number of treatments increases to 4. This must be done carefully using a clean cotton swab. After the agent has dried and completely absorbed, if necessary, antifungal agents are applied and clean cotton socks are put on.
The skin of the feet is also processed. With large foci of infection, it is better to use a cotton swab.
It should be borne in mind that Fukortsin has high coloring abilities, therefore, contact of the treated areas with clothing and household items should be avoided.
Also, to enhance the therapeutic effect of other folk remedies, Fukortsin is included in solutions for steaming baths. For 2 liters of hot water is added 2 tbsp. l baking soda and 10-15 drops of a solution. Feet are lowered into the container for 20 minutes. Such a composition helps to clean the surface layers of impurities, soften keratinized skin and nails, and prevent the spread of infection to healthy areas.
With increased dryness in the treated area, it is recommended to mix it with 2-3 drops of tea tree oil before applying the drug. This will moisturize the epidermis or nail, and also have an additional antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antifungal effect.
Fucorcin should be treated with the fungus until all symptoms of the disease have disappeared. To prevent re-infection, it is recommended that after recovery continue to use the solution for another two weeks.
Natalia, 27 years old.
In the summer I noticed a yellow speck on the nail on the big toe. I remembered that a month ago I went to the sauna. Apparently there I picked up a fungus. I found information on the treatment of Fukortsin on the Internet, and decided to try it. I began to smear it 3 times a day. Every evening, steaming legs in salt and soda baths, sometimes adding table vinegar. After 3-4 days, the itching went away. A month later, the stain on the nail disappeared. She continued treatment for another 10 days, just in case, so that the disease did not return.
Maxim, 31 years old.
I work out in the gym five days a week. And there, probably, he picked up a fungus. The nail began to turn yellow, and the skin around itched. It’s good that I noticed on time. A friend told how he treated onychomycosis with ordinary Fucorcin. I also decided to use it. Smeared every day for a month. All symptoms disappeared in the second week. The only negative that I can name is the vigorous color of the solution. There were all socks in it, even the shoes inside were also painted pink. But it helps very well in treatment, so this drawback does not seem so significant.
Elena, 38 years old.
About a month ago, the right foot began to itch strongly. Later, peeling appeared in the form of a small spot closer to the fingers. Went to a dermatologist, he did a scraping. When the analysis came, it turned out to be mycosis. The doctor prescribed an ointment and recommended every day to steam the legs in soda or saline, and then apply to Fukortsin on the affected area of the leg. Only after it dries, smear with antifungal ointment. Surprisingly, the treatment was successful. After a week, discomfort disappeared, peeling decreased. After a couple of weeks I passed repeated tests. They showed that everything is fine, there is no more fungus.