Warts are one of the varieties of benign neoplasms, the appearance of which is associated with infection with the human papillomavirus (HPV). Localization of growths covers all parts of the body. Most often, they appear between the fingers, on the feet, on the feet, on the face, neck.
Papillomavirus, which is the main cause of neoplasms, has more than a hundred strains. Attacking the human body, the virus may not manifest itself in any way from several months to several years. Decreased immunity due to respiratory viral or bacterial infections, exacerbation of chronic diseases, seasonal allergies and hormonal changes in the body (adolescence during adolescence, pregnancy and lactation in women) provoke HPV activation. The virus is introduced into the DNA of cells, provoking their enhanced growth.
Most strains of papillomavirus do not pose a threat to human life. Only certain types of HPV lead to the transformation of skin cells into an oncological formation.
Wart on the finger: causes
Why do growths come out? Where do they come from? The number of people infected with HPV is about 90% of the world's inhabitants. About 20% of adolescents and primary school children have at least once encountered this problem.
Papillomavirus infection occurs against the background of microtrauma of the epithelium. There are two main methods of infection:
- Contact (handshake, contact with affected skin);
- Household (non-compliance with hygiene standards, the use of common towels, washcloths, combs, clothing).
A favorable environment for the spread of viral infection is a warm and humid room. Therefore, at risk are lovers of saunas, baths, pools, gyms.
The dislocation of formations on the hands and fingers is explained by the contagiousness (contagiousness) of the virus in open areas of the body. Most contact with people and objects involves the use of hands.
In children, the spread of warts and an increase in the areas of their dislocation contributes to:
- Peeling off warts with nails;
- Bad habit to bite your nails;
- Long hand washing in cold water;
- Penetration of infections under the nail plate.
Thus, the main risk of skin defects is a deterioration in immunity and a weakening of the body's resistance. This is a signal that you need to change the diet and strengthen the body. The risk group for developing warty diseases is composed of primary school children and adolescents. The progression of HPV is facilitated by the lack of formation of the immune system of the child’s body, which spends all its energy on enhanced growth. Most often, children under 16 are faced with the problem of growths.
Recognize the types of warts
By external signs and places of localization, varieties of neoplasms are distinguished. On the fingers there are two types of growths:
- Vulgar or simple;
What does a wart on a finger look like? Consider each view in detail.
Vulgar (verruca vulgaris) or simple warts. They are localized on the fingers, on the palms and on the back of the hands. The most common painless skin disease. About 70% of all growths are simple formations. Outwardly resemble a knotted knot in the shape of a ball.
In most cases, the shade of simple growths coincides with the shade of the epithelium. Neoplasms of pale pink, yellow and brownish color are also found. The diameter of simple warts is small – from 50 millimeters to one centimeter.
The upper part of the vulgar neoplasms is not uniform, scaly. At the peak of the disease, there are “inflorescences” of warts: the main or maternal and daughter ones of a smaller diameter near it. If you cauterize the "mother", the rest will disappear after her.
The second name for flat warts is youthful. This is due to the age group of patients. It includes people from ten to twenty-five years old. Smooth round neoplasms do not rise much above the surface of the skin. Color often coincides with the shade of the epithelium, may be slightly lighter or darker. Flat growths are small neoplasms whose size does not exceed three millimeters. Only four percent of all neoplasms make up. They are deployed on the fingers, face and mucous membranes.
To clarify the diagnosis and confirm the non-oncogenicity of the strain of papillomavirus that caused the appearance of warts, you should consult a doctor.
Should I remove warts on my fingers?
It is not difficult to remove the wart from the finger using modern techniques or folk remedies. But is it worth it? After all, the appearance of growths is not accompanied by pain and delivers exclusively moral discomfort.
The appearance of skin defects is a symptom that indicates a malfunction of the body's defense system. Despite the relative safety of growths, they should be reduced for the following reasons:
- The occurrence of at least one formation increases the risk of spreading the disease to healthy areas of the body;
- The possibility of a secondary infection at the site of an unintentionally torn or injured wart;
- In the high-risk group are people from the close environment of the patient: family, employees, friends;
- Any harmless neoplasm is fraught with the danger of transformation into an oncological tumor.
There are clinically confirmed cases of self-healing of warts. Spontaneous regression is possible in seventy-five percent of cases during the first three years of illness, in fifty percent of cases in two years, and in thirty percent of cases during the first year of illness.
This is due to the lack of a cure for human papillomavirus. Weakened immunity and the lack of an adequate response from the defensive forces lead to a relapse of distant neoplasms.
Warts that are:
- They begin to hurt, grow intensely and unevenly;
- Change color;
- Bleeding or getting wet;
- Grow in the form of small growths;
- Located in highly traumatic areas of the body;
- Injured or partially torn off;
- They are deployed in open areas of the skin;
- Create a cosmetic problem.
You should not postpone the treatment of warts, it is much easier to bring out a fresh growth at the initial stage than a chronic and neglected one.
How to get rid of a chicken wart on your finger
Having figured out why the wart appeared, we begin to treat it. To remove the wart on the finger, it is important to choose the right method of therapy. This can only be done by a qualified dermatologist.
Traditional breeding methods
Quickly reduce growths from any finger, from the thumb and forefinger to the little finger, modern treatment methods will help:
- Laser destruction. A hardware method based on laser exposure and removal of the neoplasm roots. Laser cauterization of warts is absolutely painless and safe for healthy areas of the epithelium. For a new healthy layer of skin to appear, it will take at least a week.
- Photodynamic technique. Warts are removed by affecting the subcutaneous layer of the wart. The neoplasm is destroyed at the cellular level. This technique allows you to remove the formation, transforming into a malignant tumor.
- Cryodestructive method. Liquid nitrogen is applied to the wart, cooled to the lowest possible temperature. This leads to freezing of the growth and necrosis of its tissues. If the stem of the wart is old. Three to five cryotherapy procedures may be needed.
- Electrocoagulation. The growths are cauterized by a high-frequency current, closed in a loop. Necrotic wart cells gradually die. This allows you to get rid of the growth within a week.
- Radio wave destruction. The second name of this method is the surgitron. It allows you to burn out the root of the growth using radio frequency waves. Epithelial restoration on the fingertips occurs in five to seven days.
- Surgical technique. Large and old warts on the fingers are recommended to be removed surgically. Using other methods, it will not be possible to remove the deep roots of the growth. However, scars and scars at the site of the removed neoplasm are a side effect of this method.
Therapy of warts with drugs from a pharmacy
You can get rid of chicken warts with the help of pharmacy products, which include aggressive alkalis and acids.
- Verrucacid. A clear solution of phenol and metacresol. These substances have a fungicidal effect on the growth;
- Solcoderm. Contains such acids. As vinegar, nitrogen and milk. Helps to burn out warts that have managed to get out and prevent new formations from growing;
- Celandine or Superchistel. The use of alkali sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide cauterizes the neoplasm. But you need to do this carefully to avoid burns to healthy skin;
- Salicylic acid. A budget tool to help cure warts;
- Cryopharma. It contains a refrigerant whose action is similar to freezing with liquid nitrogen.
To avoid relapses of the appearance of warts, the removal of growths is recommended to be combined with the use of immunostimulants. Such as:
Folk wart recipes
Recipes of our grandmothers come to the aid of those who are going to fight this problem without leaving their homes. Although some of them look ridiculous or funny, they help many to remove warts without a trace. Of course, be patient. Folk remedies take time, as well as exact adherence to the instructions for use. The first results will become noticeable after three to four weeks of use.
- Celandine. A few drops of freshly picked grass is enough to handle the defect. Avoid contact with healthy skin. Repeat two to three times a day. Continue the course of treatment until complete elimination of growths.
- Onion and garlic. Grind the onion head (or three to five cloves of garlic) using a meat grinder or blender. The resulting paste is treated on the affected area, covered with a bag and fixed with a bandage or bactericidal patch. Leave a compress overnight. In the morning, washed with warm water. The procedure is repeated daily.
- Aloe and Kalanchoe. Home plants such as aloe or Kalanchoe are indispensable helpers in the treatment of skin defects. It will take leaves of old flowers, which are more than three years old. They are chopped with a meat grinder or rubbed with a grater. The gruel is evenly applied to the wart and tied with a bandage. Repeat daily. It is better to carry out the procedure before bedtime.
- Banana. The banana peel has fungicidal properties. For this, it needs to be cut into small squares corresponding to the size of the neoplasms. The inside of the squares is moistened with two to three drops of garlic juice. Then they are applied to the formation and fixed with a bandage or patch. With a compress you need to sleep. In the morning you need to remove, rinse under running water, rub the growth with the inside of the banana skin.
- Millet. It will take one kilogram of unwashed millet. It is poured into a basin or bowl and the affected fingers are washed. Used cereals are poured onto a newspaper or a used sheet of paper. They take out a sheet of millet on the street and leave it to the birds. You can believe, you can not believe. But this method works.
It is recommended to thoroughly soften the growths before removal by steaming them in a bath with soda and sea salt.
You can start self-treatment of neoplasms only after consulting a dermatologist.