The appearance on any finger (big, nameless, index, middle or little finger) of a small tubercle, which begins to grow and become covered with scales, can significantly poison the life of both adults and children. If you leave the formation to grow, do not pay attention to him, after a short time you will notice on your finger not only one growth, but a whole group.
Therefore, do not delay the treatment of tumors. However, to remove the wart on a finger will need a whole range of therapeutic measures, as well as expert advice. Self-medication with a neighbor’s recipe or a good friend will be ineffective at best, and at worst can lead to serious complications such as an overgrowth of finger formation or burns of healthy skin.
To understand how to quickly and effectively treat warts on the fingers , you need to know the symptoms and their causes.
Warts on the fingers
Two types of growths are localized on fingers and pads:
- Vulgar or ordinary . These growths are similar to dense nodules with keratinized scaly surface. The color spectrum of such formations is different: there are warts of gray, brown, pink color. Often coincide with skin tone. Can be up to ten millimeters in diameter. If you do not remove the growth in time, another one appears next to it. Neoplasms on the plantar part of the foot are often mistaken for dry corn. In the people such warts are called chicken;
- Flat or youthful . Such growths appear on the fingers and pads of hands much less vulgar. They have a smooth rounded surface, slightly towering above the skin. Usually coincide with skin tone, may have a pinkish or gray color;
- Subcutaneous or internal . Such formations may appear due to the proliferation of cells of the lower layers of the dermis under the action of human papillomavirus.
Causes of warts on the finger
Since childhood, all known horror stories about warts and frogs. If you catch the frogs, hold them in your hands or just stroke them in a toad, you will inevitably receive a puffy skin as a gift. Of course, all this is fiction – grandmother horror stories. Viral etymology of warts has long been proven by doctors. There are tumors on the fingers due to infection with the papillomavirus. HPV can penetrate the bloodstream through small wounds on the skin.
There are two ways of transmitting papillomavirus, causing the formation of growths on the fingers:
- Contact – direct contact with a HPV carrier or a damaged skin area;
- Household – visiting public places, neglecting the rules of personal hygiene (using someone else’s towels, washcloths or soap).
Embedding in the DNA of epithelial cells, papillomavirus provokes their growth, which leads to the appearance of warts.
For human papillomavirus, a long incubation period is characteristic. He may be in hibernation: not to show himself. Often a person does not even suspect that he is a carrier of the virus.
A prerequisite for the activation of papillomavirus and the appearance of rash may be:
- The deterioration of the body’s defenses;
- Emotional or physical stress;
- Hormonal changes (during adolescence, during pregnancy or lactation);
- Endocrine diseases;
- Unbalanced diet;
- Lack of vitamins and microelements;
- Neglect of hygienic rules;
- Frequent injury to the skin of the fingers;
- Excessive perspiration.
See also: The cause of warts – human papillomavirus
Conditions for the rapid spread of the virus is a warm, humid environment. Therefore, regular visitors to saunas, swimming pools or gyms are at risk. The specifics of the work can also cause infection.
These “dangerous” professions include:
- Cleaning lady;
- Meat roll or fish.
Also, the child’s habit of nibbling nails and burrs can cause growths on the fingers.
Symptoms of the disease
The initial stage of the disease is characterized by the appearance of tubercles that look smooth and shiny, and gradually the surface of the growth becomes dry and rough. The build-up itself thickens and hardens. From the surface of the tumor skin pattern disappears.
Localized warts on the fingers, can attack the cuticle – the skin around the nail plate. To treat such growths is much more difficult. This is due to the fact that the root of the wart often goes under the nail. “Priogty” warts cause the deformation of the nail plate, leading to its stratification and breaking off.
With the normal course of the disease, the warts do not hurt. Injury or rubbing can cause pain in the place of the defect. In the absence of therapy, warts tend to grow and spread to other parts of the body or mucous membranes.
Marks of Excellence
“You need to know the enemy in person!” – says popular wisdom. When dealing with a wart, this is especially true. In order not to be mistaken with the diagnosis, it is worth remembering the main distinctive features of the neoplasm.
The wart on the hand looks like a dense tubercle, covered with conical papillae. The boundaries of the growth are clearly delineated. The shape of the tumor is rounded, the shade coincides with the skin color, sometimes acquires a yellowish, grayish or pink tone. The color of the growth depends on its age – the older the growth, the darker its coloring.
Under the top scaly layer, black blotches are visible – these are capillaries with dried blood. The main feature of the wart is a dry cornified surface. All of these signs indicate that the tumor belongs to the class of warts.
Only a dermatologist can make the final diagnosis and make the correct appointments!
Should I remove warts on the fingers
Do we need to attach importance to wart growths or do these painless neoplasms disappear on their own? This question interests every “owner” of defects on the fingers.
The appearance of tumors on the fingers – a signal to the body about violations of the body’s immune defense!
Dermatologists recommend removing warts immediately after the appearance. And this has its own reasons:
- There is a small risk of transforming wart cells into a malignant neoplasm;
- Injury, squeezing or rubbing the wart increases the risk of malignancy or the occurrence of secondary infection;
- Undeleted small wart can cause rash to spread throughout the body;
- The contagiousness of a warty disease creates the danger of infection of family members, friends and acquaintances of the carrier of the virus.
Indications for the immediate removal of growths are:
- Changing the borders, shape and color of the tumor;
- The inflammatory process in place of growth;
- The sharp growth of education, the emergence of many subsidiaries growths.
Do not self-medicate! Incorrect wart can cause the spread of tumors, the occurrence of secondary infection, the transformation of wart cells into cancer.
Trust your health specialist. An experienced dermatologist will establish the correct diagnosis, suggest the appropriate method of removal, and prescribe drugs to prevent the recurrence of tumors.
Treatment for warts on the fingers
To reduce the growth from the finger, you can use traditional methods. It:
- Laser destruction . The laser vaporizes the tumor cells in layers. The advanced technique is absolutely safe for healthy skin. In place of the removed growth, a small depression remains, which disappears on its own throughout the week;
See also: Warts on the genitals of women. Causes and treatment
- Photodynamic inference . Hardware removal by photochemical effects on cells of the wart. Necrosis of neoplasm tissue occurs. It is used for tumors in which the process of malignancy has begun;
- Cryodestruction . With the help of nitrogen cooled to minimal temperatures, the build-up is frozen at the cellular level, blackens and disappears after a few days. Due to the inability to control the depth of impact, a repeated procedure may be required to completely remove the tumor;
- Electrocoagulation . High-frequency current, closed in a loop, plays the role of a surgical scalpel. With it, cut off the growth. In its place, a crust forms, which disappears in one to two weeks;
- Radio wave destruction . The non-contact effect of radio waves on the neoplasm allows to reduce the warts on the fingers quickly and without a trace;
- Surgery . Using a scalpel, the surgeon cuts the wart and deep roots. The operation is shown in cases of strong growth and depth of tumors.
Drugs for warts
Many feel uncomfortable in specialized clinics, besides the cost of removing warts is not available to everyone. For supporters of home treatment, pharmacies offer a wide range of products containing aggressive alkalis and acids.
- Solkoderm (nitric, lactic and acetic acid);
- Verrukatsid (phenol and metacresol);
- Salicylic ointment;
- Super Cleaner (sodium and potassium hydroxide);
- Cryopharma (refrigerant, the effect of which resembles cryodestruction).
The main rule for successful removal of growths at home is to be careful and protect healthy skin from burns. To do this, you must lubricate it with a cream or close the bactericidal plaster.
To avoid recurrence of rash, wart removal combined with taking immunomodulating tablets.
Effective antiviral and immunostimulating drugs are:
Adherents of traditional methods of treatment fit the recipes with which our ancestors successfully reduced unwanted growths on the fingers. They have been known since the days when traditional medicine did not yet know the causes of such a problem as wart formations. And let some rituals and plots seem ridiculous. Check – they work.
Before the procedure, steam the problem area in a hot tub with soda and sea salt. Dry the softened growth and attach to it a cake of pre-chewed propolis. Secure with a bandage or adhesive tape and leave for a day.
Change the compress daily until you get rid of defects. Usually the treatment is 30 days, but in particularly advanced cases it may take two or three months.
This weed is known for its effect on problem skin. Her name speaks for itself. To cure the wart on the finger will help the juice from the stem of celandine. One or two drops of yellowish liquid gently applied to the growth. After a few days you will notice that the wart has darkened. This indicates necrosis of tissue formation.
Do not cancel the procedure. This can lead to a recurrence of the neoplasm. The strong cauterizing effect of the juice of celandine can cause scarring at the site of a remote growth. Therefore, it is not necessary to simultaneously reduce more than three growths.
The effectiveness of iodine treatment depends on the size of the tumor. The cauterizing effect of iodine solution is sufficient to remove small growths. However, it will not cope with large tumors with deep roots. The cotton swab is moistened in the solution and the wart is carefully treated 4-5 times daily. The course of treatment is 14 days.
See also: How to remove a wart with potatoes?
Any housewife in the kitchen there is vinegar that can cope with warts on the fingers. To begin with, wash the affected area under running water with soap. Protect the skin around the growth with Vaseline or other fatty cream. Vinegar is applied to a cotton pad and applied to the growth.
Acetic compress is fixed with a patch or bandage. In the morning, the compress is removed, the tumor is washed. A slight burning sensation indicates the treatment process. But if the pain increases, you need to remove the compress earlier and wash the affected skin well.
Vinegar and garlic
To enhance the therapeutic effect of vinegar combined with garlic. Three or four cloves of garlic are minced with a knife or garlic press, poured half a glass of apple cider vinegar. Leave to infuse for two hours in a dark cool place. Wets a cotton pad in the resulting tincture, apply it to the growth and leave it overnight. The course of treatment is continued until the problem is completely eliminated.
For such a ritual, you will need raw potatoes or green apple varieties. Potato or apple is cut into two equal parts. Each half in turn is rubbed on all available warts. Then the two halves are joined and fastened with the help of a red cotton thread.
The used fruit should be buried so that it starts to rot. You can bury it under a tree, near the house or in a flower pot. The main thing is to start the process of decay. As soon as the apple or root crop completely rot, the wart will disappear without a trace.
There are cases when the warts disappear without drug therapy within one to three years. It is associated with the psychosomatic side of the disease. It is necessary to change the way of thinking, to get rid of negative attitudes that poison your life, and the growths from your fingers will disappear as suddenly as they appeared.
Human skin provides protection and non-verbal communication. In psychology, the state of the skin corresponds to a person’s self-esteem. Try to talk briefly about your skin – you describe yourself.
Skin defects occur as a result of self-dislike, depending on the opinions of other people. Love yourself with all the mistakes and imperfections. Remember, there are no perfect people. Allow yourself to be imperfect. You do not have to sacrifice your interests for the sake of other people’s ideals.
Love yourself, defend your opinion, defend your own, and not other people’s ideals. And you will notice how your skin will change. She will start to delight you with her healthy appearance, natural beauty.
However, it is not always worth waiting for so long and hoping for psychosomatics.
To avoid recurrence of rash, you should strengthen your health and observe preventive measures:
- Follow the rules of hygiene – do not use someone else’s bath accessories;
- After visiting crowded places, wash your hands or treat them with an antibacterial gel;
- Eat well;
- Avoid stress and overwork;
- Combine exercise with proper rest;
- Twice a year to drink a multivitamin complex.
And remember, the first thing to do when faced with the problem of the appearance of undesirable entities is to consult a doctor. He will make an accurate diagnosis and prescribe the correct treatment.
Video in topic