Warts located in the genital area are benign formations, but with a high risk of degeneration into melanoma. In shape, they are divided into flat, spiky and filiform. Neoplasms are characterized by rapid growth.
In a short period of time, large areas of the skin can be affected. The growths cause discomfort and can bleed, due to which they require immediate treatment.
Warts in intimate places: the reasons for their appearance
The main reason that warts appear in intimate places is HPV infection. Most often this occurs when unprotected sexual contact with the carrier of this virus. In order for a genital wart to appear in the genital area, it is not enough just the infection to enter the body.
Only with a number of concomitant factors, the virus begins to appear in the form of characteristic growths:
- Concomitant diseases of an intimate nature;
- Illegibility in the choice of sexual partners;
- The beginning of sexual activity at a fairly early age;
- Oppression of the immune system;
- Lack of vitamins;
- Susceptibility to stress;
- Use of other people's personal hygiene items;
- Carelessness when visiting public places with high humidity (baths, pools.
It is also worth noting that if women found genital warts during pregnancy, then the chances are good that the baby will be infected. In this case, infection occurs during passage through the birth canal.
Localization of warts in intimate places
Naturally, growths appear primarily in those places where the virus was able to penetrate the body. The localization of neoplasms directly depends on the characteristics of the patient’s sexual life. Most often affected are moist areas that are constantly in contact with natural secretions.
In most cases, warts on intimate places in women are located in the following areas:
- Small and large labia;
- The vestibule and the walls of the vagina;
- Inguinal folds;
- Cervical mucosa;
- Anal opening;
- Urination channel.
When engaged in oral sex, growths can appear in the oral cavity, on the tongue and even on the surface of the larynx.
In men, a pointed wart or a whole cluster of them can appear in the following areas:
- Penis head;
- Coronal groove;
- The area around the anus;
Symptoms of warts in intimate places in women and men
Not always patients can independently find out that they have a wart in an intimate place. Symptoms are not pronounced in all cases. Among the main ones, the following are distinguished:
- A weak sensation of itching and irritation, which soon becomes more noticeable;
- The onset of symptoms characteristic of respiratory viral infections is not excluded;
- Pain during intercourse;
- Pain during urination;
- The appearance of discharge with a sharp, unpleasant odor;
- Blood discharge when a wart is damaged in the intimate area.
In men, growths rarely appear in the area of inguinal folds. When the penis is affected, neoplasms appear in the form of nodules covered with furrows. Most often they are pink, light brown or beige. When the anus is affected, the growths look like scallops. It is these neoplasms that are most susceptible to damage.
Women often do not have pronounced signs of damage, but nevertheless, it is still possible to detect growths. True, most often this will require the help of a doctor. Only a third of all representatives of the weaker sex with a genital lesion can feel mild pain.
In order to identify intimate warts, a specialist needs to conduct a thorough examination of the patient. In order to make an accurate diagnosis, a number of additional studies are prescribed. Among the most common ones:
- An immunological study for the presence in the body of antibodies to the human papillomavirus;
- PRC. Using this study, it is possible to determine the type of HPV;
- A study using a special Cuzco mirror (when detecting growths on the female genital organs);
- Acetic acid test;
- Biopsy and subsequent histological examination;
In order to identify diseases of the genitourinary system, which subsequently may interfere with effective treatment, additional diagnostics are performed. Patients are prescribed smears from the urethra and vagina, special blood tests.
Hardware and drug treatment
At the initial stage of therapy, sanitation of the urination system is necessary. Treatment is carried out individually and is based on the identified infectious and inflammatory processes. Only after such preparation can the main problem be solved, since it is not possible to get rid of warts in the presence of concomitant diseases.
The choice of the method of removal of genital warts depends not only on the capabilities of the clinic, but also on additional indications, the presence of contraindications and limitations. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia. In places of the intimate zone, the following methods are used:
- Chemical substances (Solcoderm, Faresol, Imiquimod). The tool is applied directly to the growth, which is subjected to necrosis. Often, treatment is not complete with one procedure and after a while it is repeated;
- Laser therapy. The laser beam is directed to the neoplasm, due to which evaporation and tissue necrosis occur. As a result, a thin crust forms in this place;
- Radio wave method. Excision is performed using a radio wave beam. The procedure is painless and bloodless. The risk of relapse is minimal;
- Cryodestruction method. The neoplasm surface is treated with liquid nitrogen, due to which the growth is frozen;
- Electrocoagulation. Tissue outgrowths are exposed to high frequency current. The method is quite painful in comparison with all the others.
After removal of the neoplasm, patients are prescribed antiviral drugs, due to which the immune system is corrected and, accordingly, relapses are prevented.
Most often, specialists resort to the appointment of the following drugs:
Treatment of genital warts in intimate places at home
Warts in an intimate place can be removed using traditional medicine methods. These drugs have immunostimulating, anti-inflammatory and cauterizing effects. But before starting such therapy, you must definitely consult with a specialist.
The most common among these agents that can remove a wart condyloma are the following:
- Celandine juice. Freshly squeezed juice of this plant is treated with neoplasms twice a day. In this case, it is extremely important not to exceed the dosage, since celandine in large quantities is poisonous. If desired, this folk remedy can be replaced with a pharmacy drug called Superchistotel, which, although it does not contain celandine itself. It will be no less effective, but in case of its application, caution must be exercised. The genital wart itself is processed exclusively, and nearby tissues are smeared with a fat cream, as a burn may appear in these areas;
- Potato juice. The agent is applied to the neoplasm twice a day. The treatment lasts a whole month;
- Kalanchoe leaves. They are simply crushed to a pulp consistency and applied to the affected area. Withstand 6 hours. If unpleasant sensations appear, therapy is immediately stopped;
- Propolis tincture. The growths are lubricated three times a day for two weeks.
In most cases, a pointed wart does not cause discomfort and pain. In some cases, in the absence of proper treatment and non-observance of basic hygiene rules, it can lead to certain complications.
Among them, doctors distinguish the following:
- With the growth of growths, in the advanced stages of the disease, a wart crust may be formed;
- The relationship between HPV oncogenic strains and the development of cancer is scientifically proven. Often, such growths are harbingers of cancer;
- With damage to the urethra, growths can grow, thereby preventing the outflow of urine. The infection enters the bladder, which causes serious kidney problems;
- Microcracks may appear on genital warts, through which a secondary infection gets. This is fraught with complications such as sepsis;
- HPV symptoms can spread rapidly throughout the body. When damaged, combing with papillomas, healthy areas of the epithelium may soon also be affected.
All doctors are categorically against the fact that patients are self-medicating. This is due not only to a high risk of relapse, but also to the possibility of such undesirable consequences as inflammation, secondary infection and sepsis.
Among the main recommendations, one can distinguish the following:
- It is strictly forbidden to cut, bandage and pluck warts;
- Before a complete cure, it is necessary to abandon intimacy;
- It is completely optional to remove all growths. Often it is enough to get rid of the mother's papule so that everyone else will disappear;
- A prerequisite for effective therapy is the comprehensive strengthening of the immune system;
- Particular attention must be paid to personal hygiene.
Genital warts are a common problem, due to which modern medicine is able to cope with it in a short time. A neoplasm appears solely due to infection with HPV, and accordingly, when it is inhibited and the immune system is strengthened, the body can independently cope with this problem. Subject to all medical recommendations, therapy gives a positive and lasting result.