A sufficiently large number of people in their entire lives at least once encounter such a phenomenon as a wart. These growths often appear on the hands and other parts of the body. But quite easily a wart on the heel can appear, which often causes inconvenience to its owner.
What are these growths, why they appear and how to treat them correctly – it is necessary to deal with all this in more detail, since it is impossible to ignore such neoplasms under any conditions.
Causes of the appearance of warts on the heel
The main source of the problem in this case is the human papillomavirus. The fact is that the calcaneal wart can manifest itself, due to the penetration of this virus directly through the surface of the foot, or if a person has already been infected for a certain time, but the body has coped with the virus up to this point.
From the main number of reasons for the appearance of a growth of this type can be distinguished:
- HPV penetration through microcracks in the foot, while walking barefoot in public places (this includes saunas, pools and other institutions);
- Increased sweating. This problem leads to the appearance of irritation, damage and an increase in the number of microorganisms on the skin, making it easier for the virus to infect this area;
- Lowering the body's defenses due to transferred infectious diseases;
- Dry skin on the feet;
- Varicose veins;
- Wearing someone else’s shoes, as well as improperly chosen own shoes;
- The appearance of calcaneal warts is possible with severe damage to the foot, burns and hypothermia;
- Lack of vitamins and malnutrition provoke the development of the virus.
Such an extensive list indicates that the sources of infection can be both domestic and related to problems in the functioning of the body. In any case, such an ailment cannot be neglected, since soon enough the wart will begin to increase in size and create more and more difficulties when moving and then removing it will be a rather difficult task.
Initially, the calcaneal wart does not cause problems to its wearer. The skin on the heel, at the site of growth, becomes shiny, and it is rougher than the rest of the surface. Then a seal appears, but it has not yet expanded, neither deep into the legs, nor outward. Over time, the growth of the neoplasm begins, its surface is covered with tubercles, the growth itself begins to push the tissues around itself, deepening and increasing in breadth.
Already in the active phase of development, the wart looks like a corn, but its color can vary from yellow to light blue, and most importantly, the cutaneous pattern characteristic of the heel does not appear on the formation itself. When the growth increases in size, it is increasingly difficult for the patient to walk without experiencing any discomfort. Due to pressure on the wart, it begins to hurt, sometimes tingling and even burning sensation can be felt, and if you rub the growth, bleeding is likely.
Its dimensions rarely reach 2 cm, and over the surface of the heel it will stick out only 1 – 2 mm, since the growth is directed to the recess in the heel. Experts also note that the blood vessels that supply the wart with nutrients can be expressed on it like dark dots.
If you do not pay attention to the problem, then in the end it can affect the skin next to itself and the same "corns" are formed there, only of a smaller size. To find out how to get rid of a wart on the heel, you first need to consult a doctor, otherwise you can make mistakes, which then certainly have to be fixed with a specialist.
What is the danger of warts on the heels
There are several main unpleasant moments that such wart formations on the foot deliver.
Of these, it is necessary to highlight:
- Warts are almost in a constant state of growth, while moving to more and more new areas of the heel;
- If you damage it, then new warts may appear abruptly, and in addition to everything else, severe inflammation will begin;
- The conversion of such a growth into a malignant tumor is an extremely rare case, but if you constantly injure it, there is such a chance;
- When changing color, discharge in the form of pus or liquid with blood and a rather unpleasant odor, you need to urgently go to the doctor, because it is possible that the formation becomes malignant.
It is because of such unpleasant moments that I want to know how to remove a wart on the heel and what methods can be used for this purpose.
How to remove a wart on the heel?
What methods can be used to remove calcaneal warts, and how is treatment carried out using folk remedies? If we consider traditional medicine, then you can use medications to remove or the operational way to get rid of the wart.
Quickly, the growth is removed by several methods:
- The wart is burned by a laser;
- Its structure is destroyed by low temperature – cryodestruction;
- Electrocoagulation method (using a current of a certain strength);
- Standard scalpel removal;
- Excision of the growth by a radio wave scalpel.
From medicines, heel warts can be removed:
- Wartner Cryo;
- Oxolinic ointment;
- Lapis pencil;
- Salicylic acid;
- Salipod and others.
Removal at home
If there is a calcaneal wart, then treatment at home in this case, though not the best choice, but you can still bring out the growth. To do this, use:
- Celandine juice. Processing the formation of celandine juice every day, you can literally remove it in a few weeks;
- Acetic essence. The treatment of warts on the heel at home with vinegar is very simple, you need to lubricate it with essence, also every day, and apply compresses for more effective removal;
- It is possible to remove growths with the help of garlic. It needs to be cut into plates, put in vinegar, when it is soaked – pull out and use a patch to attach to the wart overnight. Removing it instantly will not work, but daily procedures will do the trick;
- Horseradish root. The leg is steamed until the wart is softer. Horseradish root is cut into small pieces, applied to it, the leg is wrapped in cellophane all night. Sometimes a one-time procedure is enough;
- When a wart on the heel has formed, treating it at home is also possible with onions and acetic acid. Onions are cut into pieces and dipped in vinegar for 2 hours. After this, the impregnated element is applied to the wart at night and fixed there. Most importantly, such procedures are enough only 2-3 pieces;
- Vinegar (70%), mixed with flour until gruel. It is applied to a steamed wart, and you need to repeat the procedure 2 times;
- You can remove the growth with the help of cottage cheese. Apply it to the steamed formation, covering the leg with polyethylene;
- Aloe juice. Aloe juice is applied to the wart, the leg is wrapped in a bandage for 2 hours. The process must be repeated until the neoplasm disappears.
It is worth noting that all these procedures should be supplemented by the intake of vitamins, a change in nutrition and a general increase in the body's immunity. In this case, it will be easier to fight the disease, and such troubles on the heel, like warts, will not disturb you in the future.