Quite a large number of people in their entire lives at least once faced with such a phenomenon as a wart. These growths often appear on the arms and other parts of the body. But it can quite easily appear a wart on the heel, which often causes inconvenience to its owner.
What these growths are, why they appear and how to treat them correctly – it is necessary to deal with all of these in the most detail, since such tumors cannot be ignored under any circumstances.
Causes of warts on the heel
The main source of the problem in this case is the human papillomavirus. The fact is that the heel wart may manifest itself due to the penetration of this virus directly through the surface of the foot, or if a person has already been infected for a certain time, but the body has coped with the virus until this point.
From the main number of reasons for the appearance of growth of this type can be identified:
- Penetration of HPV through microcracks in the foot, when walking barefoot in public places (this includes saunas, swimming pools and other establishments);
- Increased sweating. This problem leads to irritation, damage and an increase in the number of microorganisms on the skin, which makes it easier for the virus to infect this area;
- Decrease in the body’s defenses due to past infectious diseases;
- Dry skin on the feet;
- Varicose veins;
- Wearing someone else’s shoes, as well as improperly chosen own shoes;
- The appearance of calcaneal warts is possible with severe damage to the foot, burns and hypothermia;
- Lack of vitamins and unhealthy diet provoke the development of the virus.
Such an extensive list indicates that the sources of infection can be, both domestic and related to problems of the functioning of the body. In any case, it is impossible to neglect such a disease, since soon enough the wart will begin to grow in size and create more and more difficulties when moving and then its removal will be a rather difficult task.
See also: Warts on the legs: treatment at home and folk remedies
Initially, the calcaneal wart does not cause problems to its carrier. The skin on the heel, at the place of growth, becomes shiny and coarser than the rest of the surface. Then a seal appears, but it does not expand yet, either deep into the legs or out. With the passage of time, the growth of a neoplasm begins, its surface becomes covered with tubercles, the growth itself begins to push the tissues around it, deepening and increasing in breadth.
Already being in the active phase of development, the wart looks like a corn, but its color can vary from yellow to light blue, and most importantly, the cutaneous pattern characteristic of the heel does not appear on the formation itself. When the growth grows in size, it is more difficult for the patient to walk without experiencing any discomfort. Due to the pressure on the wart, it starts to hurt, sometimes it can feel tingling and even burning, and if you rub the growth, then bleeding is likely.
Its dimensions rarely reach 2 cm, and above the surface of the heel it will bulge only 1 – 2 mm, since the growth is directed towards a depression in the heel. Also, experts note that the blood vessels that supply the wart with nutrients can be expressed on it as dark dots.
If you do not pay attention to the problem, then as a result, it can hit the skin next to it and the same “corns” are formed there, only smaller. To find out how to get rid of a wart on the heel, initially you need to consult a doctor, otherwise you can make mistakes, which then certainly have to be corrected with a specialist.
What is the danger of warts on the heels
There are several major unpleasant moments that cause these wart formations on the foot.
Of these, you need to highlight:
- Warts are almost in a constant state of growth, while moving to all new areas of the heel;
- If it is damaged, new warts may appear abruptly, and, among other things, severe inflammation will begin;
- The transformation of such growth into a malignant tumor is an extremely rare case, but if you constantly injure it, there is such a possibility;
- When you change the color, discharge in the form of pus or liquid with blood and a rather unpleasant smell, you need to go to the doctor urgently, because it is possible that the formation takes on a malignant form.
See also: Warts on the fingers. How to get rid of them?
It is because of such unpleasant moments, I want to know how to remove the wart on the heel and what methods for this purpose can be applied.
Even if the wart does not cause a lot of inconvenience, it is necessary to consult a doctor, as they disappear on their own very rarely. Get rid of the growth as soon as possible.
How to remove a wart on the heel?
What are some ways to remove heel warts, and how is treatment using traditional remedies? If you look at traditional medicine, you can use medication to remove it, or a quick way to get rid of the wart.
Operative growth is removed by several methods:
- The wart is burned out by the laser;
- Its structure is destroyed by low temperature – cryodestruction ;
- Electrocoagulation method (use of a certain current);
- Standard scalpel removal;
- Excision of growth by radio wave scalpel.
From medications, the removal of the calcaneal wart can:
- Wartner Cryo;
- Oxolinic ointment;
- Lap crayon;
- Salicylic acid;
- Salipod and others.
If a calcaneal wart has appeared, then treatment at home in this case, though not the best choice, is still possible to remove the growth. To do this, use:
- Juice celandine. By treating the formation of celandine juice every day, you can remove it in just a few weeks;
- Acetic essence. Treatment for warts on the heel at home with vinegar, is very simple, you need to lubricate it with an essence, also every day, and apply compresses, for more effective removal;
- You can remove growths with garlic. It needs to be cut into plates, put in vinegar when it is soaked – pull out and attach to the wart overnight using a plaster. Remove instantly it will not work, but the daily procedures will do the trick;
- Horseradish root. The leg is steamed until it becomes softer. Horseradish root is cut into small pieces, applied to it, the leg is wrapped with cellophane for the whole night. Sometimes a fairly one-off procedure;
- When a wart has formed on the heel, treatment at home is also possible with onions and acetic acid. Onions are cut into pieces and dipped in vinegar for 2 hours. After that, the impregnated element is applied to the wart at night and fixed there. Most importantly, such procedures are enough for only 2-3 pieces;
- Vinegar (70%), mixed with flour to a state of slurry. It is applied to the steamed wart, and repeat the procedure 2 times;
- You can remove the growth with the help of cottage cheese. Apply it to the steamed formation, covering the leg with polyethylene;
- Aloe juice Aloe juice is applied to the wart, the leg is wrapped with a bandage for 2 hours. Repeat the process until the disappearance of the tumor.
See also: Wart (corn) chicken zhopka. How to treat it?
It is worth noting that all these procedures should be supplemented with the intake of vitamins, changes in nutrition and a general increase in the body’s immunity. In this case, it will be easier to fight the disease, and such troubles on the heel, like warts, will not disturb you in the future.
Video in topic