The appearance of the shipitsa on the foot becomes not only a cosmetic problem, but also gives pain when walking. First, you can compare the discomfort of Shipigi with a barefoot walk on pebbles, over time, the pain syndrome intensifies, turning the patient into a disabled person, unable to move independently.
Reasons for the appearance
The main cause of the formation of growths on the legs and other parts of the body is infection with papillomavirus. Penetrating into the bloodstream through microtrauma on the skin of the foot, HPV integrates into the DNA of epithelial cells, leading to their rapid growth. The overgrown epithelial tissue turns into a growth.
It should be noted that papillomavirus cannot exist outside the human body for a long time. A favorable environment that prolongs the “life” virus is moisture and heat. That is why lovers of saunas, pools, baths who neglect the rules of hygiene fall into the risk group: using common towels, soap, washcloths or forgetting about rubber slippers. Those who like to walk barefoot along the seashore should not get drunk. Ultraviolet light instantly kills HPV.
A distinctive feature of papillomavirus is a long incubation period. For several months, and sometimes years, the infected person may not even suspect that he is the carrier of HPV.
The main impetus for the activation of papillomavirus is the weakening of immunity. Acute respiratory infections, endocrine problems, exacerbation of chronic diseases, physical or emotional exhaustion can reduce the level of natural protection. The body redirects all its forces to fight the new "enemy", weakening the opposition of HPV.
Contributing factors such as:
- Microtrauma on the skin of the feet;
- Wearing shoes of the wrong size;
- Increased sweating of the legs;
- Neglect foot hygiene
- Visiting pools, saunas without rubber slates;
- Trying on new shoes without a nylon stocking;
- Using other people's hygiene products.
The danger of shipigi on the foot
Papillomavirus strains causing plantar growths do not belong to oncogenic varieties. Therefore, the risk of malignancy of the tongue is minimal. The main problem of plantar warts is their soreness. Therefore, delaying the removal of them is not worth it.
But the risk of contagiousness (contagiousness) of growths on the sole on the contrary is very high. HPV is one of the most common infections. According to statistics, about 90% of the population of the planet Earth is infected. A virus carrier can be contagious even without external manifestations of the disease. And with the appearance of growths, the risk of infection increases.
Shipitsa manifests itself in stages. First, on the plantar of the foot, a lump is formed, resembling dry corn or corns. Gradually, its surface becomes covered with scales. At the edges, the growth begins to separate from the surface of the epithelium.
This process may be accompanied by itching, since an expanding neoplasm compresses the nerve endings of the foot. After the wart "takes root", a pain syndrome appears. Dark specks of thrombose capillaries are visible under the upper stratum corneum.
Treat or wait?
It is definitely not worth delaying treatment of plantar growths. This can lead to the growth of the wart in depth and the development of pain. But the neoplasm does not require mandatory medical intervention. It is possible to bring out the wild dog at home and is completely painless.
However, there are cases when qualified assistance cannot be dispensed with. An instant consultation with a doctor requires a tenon:
- Causing acute pain when walking;
- Overgrown over ten millimeters;
- Which is surrounded by daughter neoplasms;
- Doubtful regarding the category of warts.
It is not recommended to treat such neoplasms at home, since treatment may not bring the expected result.
Therapy of plantar and other types of growths caused by HPV requires an integrated approach. The condition for the effectiveness of the treatment is the successful disposal of the neoplasm.
Simultaneously with the removal of the neoplasm, the use of antiviral and immunomodulating agents is recommended. It is advisable to review your daily diet, alternate physical activity with relaxation, spend more time in the fresh air and monitor foot hygiene.
Home treatment with pharmacy drugs
The easiest way to get rid of plantar growths is to remove them using medications sold over the counter in the pharmacy network. It is important to strictly follow the manufacturer's recommendations. The composition of such preparations usually includes aggressive alkalis or acids, which, if improperly applied, can cause burns to healthy skin.
All pharmaceutical preparations can be divided into several groups:
- Antiviral. The effectiveness of the use of this group of drugs depends on the "age" of the growth, the proven effectiveness of antiviral agents solely for the removal of recently appeared fries. This group includes Panavir ointment based on the polysaccharide that is part of potatoes. The advantage of this group is the gentle elimination of the neoplasm, the absence of risks of burns or scarring;
- Necrotizing. Super Celandine (contains two active alkalis – sodium and potassium hydroxide), Verrucacid (it includes phenol and metacresol), Solcoderm (a product based on four acids – acetic, lactic, oxalic and nitric), Ferezol (contains tricresol and phenol). High efficiency and speed of exposure are the pluses of using this group of drugs. The applicator included in the package of the drug or an ordinary cotton swab will help treat the damaged area. Apply the product carefully, avoiding contact with healthy skin. May cause chemical burns;
- Keratolic. Their action is based on the softening of the stratum corneum of the growth and its gradual departure. Collomac, Salicylic ointment, Salicylic acid, patch Mozolin, Salipod, Urgocor corn. Before treating the tongue with salicylic acid based products, it is recommended to steam the leg for half an hour in a hot bath with sea salt and soda. Then the leg needs to be dried. The surface treated with ointment is covered with a bandage or bactericidal patch and left for two days. The same applies to the use of salicylic acid-impregnated patches;
- Preparations for home cryodestruction. These include Cryopharma, Wartner Cryo. The form of release is an aerosol, which includes a substance that acts on the neoplasm like liquid nitrogen. The refrigerant will remove the tongue painlessly for one or two applications.
The use of traditional medicine recipes
Traditional healers and healers offer to get rid of growths on the foot with the help of medicinal plants or household remedies. Perhaps some recipes seem ridiculous or ridiculous. But the reviews of those who tested them on themselves indicate the effectiveness of such treatment. And although the removal of fizzles with the help of folk recipes will require time and patience from you, the main advantage of such therapy is accessibility and harmlessness.
This weed, which grows almost everywhere, has medicinal properties during the flowering period: from early May to late June. The treated area should be steamed for half an hour in a hot bath with the addition of sea salt. A few drops of juice squeezed out of the stem of the celandine is enough to process the tongs. Repeat the procedure two to three times a day until the growth completely disappears. If there is no fresh plant, you can replace it with a pharmacy Mountain Celandine (do not confuse it with Super Celandine, which, despite the name, contains aggressive alkalis, not grass). In addition to natural celandine juice, Mountain Celandine contains rhododendron, gentian and cocoa. A oily cream or patch can protect healthy skin from accidental contact.
Ordinary vinegar, which is available in the kitchen of any housewife and is used for harvesting for the winter, is suitable for removing plantar growths. Apply a few drops of vinegar to the previously steamed tongue, repeat the procedure two to three times a day.
To enhance the effect, you can prepare vinegar dough: mix wheat flour with a few drops of table vinegar, knead elastic dough. A cake of vinegar dough is applied to the affected area, fixed with a bandage or patch and left overnight.
Vinegar mixed with chopped garlic clove also helps. Apply a compress, as in the previous case, leaving until morning.
Pre-steamed in a hot bath with sea salt, and dried outgrowth smeared with iodine solution. Repeat the procedure three to four times a day. Iodine has a necrotic, cauterizing and bactericidal effect on the damaged area of the skin.
It is not possible to completely get rid of papillomavirus today. But you can prevent the reappearance of the tongue. To do this, strengthen immunity, do not forget about foot hygiene, and eliminate stress whenever possible.