To successfully get rid of genital warts, it is important to quickly respond to its appearance and begin immediate treatment. Large abnormal formations are removed only on an outpatient basis. Small growths can be successfully removed independently.
The use of various local medications and folk remedies helps to remove condylomas at home. The use of antiviral and immunomodulating drugs contributes to the consolidation of the results of external treatment.
The use of topical drugs
To remove warts at home, doctors most often prescribe drugs containing the active substance podophyllotoxin. The most popular drugs in this series are:
Successfully fight condylomas are also helped by products containing the active substance imiquimod. These include creams Aldara, Ziklara, Keravort.
Successfully burn out condylomas allows the use of the drug Podophyllin. When exposed to the drug, the growth of pathological skin formation is blocked (cell division is inhibited, their nuclei are destroyed).
The active substance of the drug is podophyllotoxin. After it reaches abnormal growth cells, the following occurs:
- Cauterization of the skin;
- Impaired education growth;
- Reducing the intensity of inflammation;
- Tissue necrotization
- Departure of condyloma from a healthy epidermis.
To treat problem areas, Podophyllinum is used as a solution. Anomaly is treated twice a day. It should be treated until the pathological growth disappears. However, the course can last no more than five weeks.
In the absence of visible positive changes after a month of treatment, the drug is canceled. If this happens, then you must undergo a second examination with a doctor (preferably together with a sexual partner).
When treating condylomas at home, it is necessary to ensure that the solution does not fall on healthy areas of the skin. To protect neighboring tissues, it is recommended to lubricate them with creams or ointments that have a petrolatum base.
Podophyllinum is sold only by prescription. It is forbidden to use:
- During lactation;
- For allergies to the contained components;
- During the bearing of the child.
When treating genital warts, some people experience side effects. They appear in the form of pain, redness, balanoposthitis, edema, dizziness, nausea, the appearance of ulcers on the surface of an abnormal formation. If such reactions occur, you should stop processing the problem area and consult a doctor.
Treatment of genital warts at home can be carried out using a solution for external use of Condilin. The active substance of this drug is also podophyllotoxin. Special applicators are sold with the medicine, with the help of which the skin is processed.
Before cauterizing genital warts, it must be thoroughly washed with soap and dried. Condilin treatment is not recommended if the problem area exceeds ten square centimeters.
Application of the drug is as follows:
- The applicator is wetted in solution and lubricated with condyloma;
- They are waiting for the medicine to dry completely.
During treatment, it is necessary to exclude sexual contact without barrier contraceptives.
You can get rid of genital warts at home with the help of Aldar cream containing the active substance imiquimod. This potent component stimulates the body's production of interferons – proteins that actively fight the human papillomavirus that caused abnormal growths.
To remove condyloma, the cream is applied once a day three times a week. The course of treatment should continue until the problem has completely disappeared. However, it should not exceed four months.
Before the procedure, the problem area should be washed with soap and dried. After that:
- The cream is squeezed onto the finger;
- The medicinal composition is rubbed into the skin of an abnormal build-up until completely absorbed;
- Hands are thoroughly washed, and the drug is left on the condyloma for six hours (up to ten can be);
- After time, the treated skin is thoroughly cleaned with hygiene products and washed well.
If the time for applying Aldar cream is missed, then the dose at the next application remains the same. It can not be increased. Contact with too much medication can lead to negative skin reactions.
Contraindications for the use of Aldara cream are:
- Intolerance to the components of the drug;
- The presence of HIV.
Any suspicious abnormalities in well-being or skin reactions that occurred during the treatment of an abnormal growth with a medicine should be reported promptly to a doctor.
Treatment of genital warts at home with the help of drugs whose action is aimed at rejecting the pathological formation itself is only half the battle. Experts recommend conducting parallel therapy aimed at combating viruses and increasing immunity. For this purpose, the following are used:
- Rectal suppositories (Genferon, Panavir);
- Tablets (Cycloferon, Isoprinosine);
- Sprays (Epigen);
- Ointment (Bonafton);
- Hydrogels (Allomedin).
The use of folk remedies
Recipes taken from the arsenal of alternative medicine help to cure genital warts, affecting the skin formation on the outside or strengthening immunity from the inside. You can remove the growth using:
- An Apple. An abnormal formation is rubbed with its freshly cut piece up to six times a day for months;
- Garlic. It is superimposed on a condyloma in the form of slurry or just the cut side of a clove;
- Iodine. Alcohol tincture is coated with the growth as often as possible (up to eight times a day);
- Kalanchoe. Shredded leaves are used in the form of compresses that hold for six hours;
- Celandine. The juice of a medicinal plant is squeezed onto a tubercle three times a day;
- Bow. The plant head is dipped in vinegar for two hours. After that, cut and applied to the problem area. On top of the bulb is attached with a band-aid. It is advisable that the exposure lasts throughout the night. The course of treatment is a week.
- Egg. Protein helps to remove abnormalities. They regularly lubricate the problem area;
- Burdock. One teaspoon is poured with a glass of boiling water and infused. The composition should be taken half a cup four times a day;
- Melissa. Herbal tea is drunk instead of a traditional drink. For this, one and a half tablespoons of a dry plant is poured with a quarter liter of boiling water, allowed to stand for a bit;
- Elecampane. A decoction from its root is drunk three times a day in a tablespoon;
- Potatoes. Tuber juice helps treat condylomas. It is drunk on an empty stomach half an hour before meals in the morning and evening;
- Thyme. A glass of a medicinal plant is poured with a liter of water and insisted for two hours. The liquid is poured into a clean basin and sit in it for fifteen minutes. The procedure is repeated for ten days.
General strengthening of immunity
An important direction in home treatment that helps get rid of genital warts is a gradual increase in the overall immunity of the body. If protective functions are restored, then small formations can disappear on their own, and large ones can be brought out much faster.
Strengthening general immunity contribute to:
- Set a clear day mode. Sleep time should be sufficient to fully restore the body. Eating must be performed every day at the same time;
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle. It implies regular and prolonged stay in the fresh air, moderate physical activity, getting rid of bad habits (smoking, drinking alcohol);
- Compliance with a complete diet. Minimum consumption of salted, smoked, sweet, fried, greasy, butter, spicy. Replacing harmful foods with vegetables, fish, low-fat dairy products, nuts, dried fruits, whole grain cereals;
- Taking special medications. These include compounds made from ginseng, pink radiola, eleutherococcus.
Subject to the recommendations on strengthening immunity, as well as the exact implementation of the doctor’s instructions regarding the schedule and duration of use of drugs and folk remedies, it is possible to get rid of genital warts quite successfully. And although the human papillomavirus remains in the body forever, many of the people who have developed abnormal growths never again encounter them.