There are many folk remedies that help to cope with the fungus of the nail plates and skin of the feet without any special costs. The best of them is the use of laundry soap for the preparation of various antimycotic compounds. Today, this method is considered the simplest, but at the same time effective, however, in order for it to bring a real result, you need to know some features of the correct treatment of the fungus at home.
The healing properties of soap
Laundry soap is recommended by doctors for self-treatment of fungal infection, as it is made from components of natural origin. It does not harm the skin, keratin and does not have a toxic effect on the body, such as kerosene. In addition, this cheap remedy has a minimum of contraindications and side effects, unlike most pharmaceutical preparations for combating mycosis.
The healing properties of soap are explained by its composition:
- Fatty acid: lauric, palmitic and stearic. They have an antiseptic effect, strengthen the protective barrier of the skin, contribute to its softening and better penetration of active components into the deep layers of soft tissues and nail plates;
- Sodium and potassium salts destroy pathogenic microbes, create a thin film on the infected area, preventing the evaporation of moisture;
- Glycerol moisturizes and softens the upper layers of the epidermis, accelerates nail growth.
This detergent has many advantages:
- Safe, does not provoke allergies. High-quality soap is made only from natural ingredients and does not contain fragrances, bleaches and dyes;
- Antimicrobial action. Laundry soap is characterized by a high pH (about 11) and creates an alkaline environment on the surface of the skin, which kills pathogenic bacteria and fungi;
- Eliminates inflammation due to the disinfecting and drying effect;
- Availability. Soap can be bought at any store in the department of household chemicals. The price of one bar weighing 200 grams is about 20 rubles;
- It can be used to disinfect things of the patient, as well as a prophylactic.
For the treatment of fungus, it is better to choose a bar with the highest concentration of fatty acids – 72%, since the effectiveness of medical procedures depends on this. It is also important to pay attention to the color of the soap – the darker it is, the better the product. The specific smell of the product indicates the absence of artificial flavors.
Laundry soap therapy is recommended after consultation with a dermatologist. He will be able to accurately determine the stage of mycotic infection and, if necessary, prescribe medications for topical application, because traditional medicine alone to eliminate the infection is often not enough.
The use of soap against fungus
Soap is used as an independent therapeutic agent, as well as together with other components, for example, soda, salt, tar. There are many ways to prepare medicinal formulations for onychomycosis and foot fungus, but only a few of them are especially popular.
Bath with soda and soap
Sodium carbonate has a pronounced antibacterial effect, eliminates inflammation, helps accelerate the healing of the epithelium. In parallel, it softens soft tissues and nail plates, facilitates the removal of affected particles.
The recipe uses only baking soda. You can’t use the technical one, because it is highly toxic.
Essential ingredients for a soap and soda bath:
- litere of water;
- one tablespoon of soap, sea salt, baking soda.
Preparation for the procedure:
- Grind the bar on a grater into small chips;
- Preheat water to 40-45 degrees;
- Pour it into a bowl, add the rest of the ingredients there, mix until dissolved;
- Lower your legs into the basin and soar for at least 20 minutes.
Next, it is necessary to carry out hygienic treatment of the feet: remove coarsened areas of the skin and corns with pumice, cut off the nails as short as possible, and cut off the keratin layer affected by onychomycosis.
After that, the feet are rinsed with warm running water and wiped dry with a towel (preferably paper). Then, a drug recommended by the doctor is applied to the tissue infected with mycosis.
This procedure should be carried out daily, preferably in the evening. Treatment is continued until all signs of fungal infection are resolved.
Laundry soap and birch tar
Tar has a locally irritating effect, that is, it stimulates a rush of blood to the tissues. It also accelerates the growth of nails, promotes the regeneration of affected skin, eliminates inflammation. When combined with soda, it is able to remove the fungus, reduces pain, itching and burning sensation arising from mycotic infections.
To quickly get rid of onychomycosis, you need to take:
- bar of laundry soap;
- Birch tar;
- newspaper or rags;
- cotton buds, disks.
To do steaming and processing of fingers is better in the evening. The procedure includes several actions that are performed in stages:
- Grind the soap into fine chips at the rate of a tablespoon per liter of liquid;
- Heat the water to 40-45 degrees, pour into a basin;
- Pour chips into water, stir until dissolved;
- Immerse in feet in the solution for 20-25 minutes;
- Then both feet should be soaped and gently rubbed with a washcloth;
- Next, pumice need to remove the coarsened areas of the foot, trim the nails with scissors, and polish the damaged plate with a nail file;
- Wash your feet with running water and dry with a towel;
- Spread the newspaper. Then use a cotton swab to apply tar on the skin between the fingers, the nail platinum and their bed. If there are cracks on the heels, they are also lubricated;
- Soak the product for 1-1.5 hours.
After this time, the tar must be wiped with cotton pads, and then put on cotton socks. After that, no manipulations are carried out with the legs for two days. In the morning on the third day, the feet should be thoroughly washed with water and soap.
Soap and Salt Paste
To prepare the medicinal mixture, you only need three components: salt (preferably sea) – one teaspoon, soda and laundry soap – two tablespoons each.
Stages of making pasta:
- Grind the bar into small chips;
- Add a little warm water, soda and salt to the grated soap;
- Stir until a homogeneous slurry is obtained.
Then the paste should be evenly distributed over the tissue infected with the fungus and left to dry for 2-2.5 hours. Then the mixture is removed, and the softened layer of the nail plate is removed with a file. In the end, rinse, dry your legs.
To speed up recovery and prevent the reappearance of the fungus, the following simple rules will help:
- First of all, you need to see a doctor who can accurately determine the disease and the degree of tissue damage. Based on these data, adequate therapy will be prescribed, involving the use of external or systemic antifungal drugs. Self-medication is far from always effective;
- Before starting therapy, you need to throw away old home slippers and socks, as they are infected with pathogen spores. Shoes, shoes and other shoes must be washed inside with Formalin solution (40%). Then put it in an airtight plastic bag and put it away for a couple of days. Then take it to the balcony and ventilate;
- After hygienic treatment of the feet, the manicure tool must be disinfected. For this purpose, alcohol or a soap solution with sodium bicarbonate is suitable, in which it must be soaked for 10-15 minutes;
- It is necessary to monitor hygiene: wash your feet with household soap at least twice a day, prevent sweating in shoes (for this purpose you can use talcum powder or foot spray), don’t put on someone else’s shoes, don’t walk barefoot in public places;
- It is important to trim the nails correctly: after the softening bath, carefully, being careful not to damage the skin and bed, the plate is cut as short as possible. Then you must definitely wipe it with an alcoholic solution of salicylic acid.
Valentine, 36 years old.
My husband is obliged to wear closed shoes on duty. Because of this, his feet are sweating and a fungus often appears, which is difficult to treat. He used to use an antifungal cream, but recently his effect has been lasting for a while. On the Internet, I accidentally stumbled upon an article about treatment with household soap and decided to try it. She did soap-soda baths every evening for her husband, and then he applied the cream to his fingers. Three weeks after treatment, there was no trace of nail fungus on the legs. Now the whole family uses this soap for prevention.
Igor, 29 years old.
He cured nails with onychomycosis with a paste of salt, soda and laundry soap. A doctor told me about this prescription, and I came to an appointment about itching, burning and darkening of some toenails. I applied the mixture to diseased plates, kept the set time, and then cleaned off the damaged layer with a file. Then he smeared Exoderil cream, which he prescribed. Unpleasant symptoms disappeared within two to three days, but I continued to do the procedure until my healthy nails grew. After soap and soda paste, the ointment was quickly absorbed and penetrated deep into the plate, so it is much more effective to treat it in this way.