Acrochord or filiform papilloma is a skin defect that occurs mainly in people after forty. Many do not attach importance to the emergence of acrochords, consider it an exclusively cosmetic problem. However, this is not quite true.
Filiform papilloma: symptoms and cause
The main cause of skin rashes is infection with papillomavirus. Once in the bloodstream, HPV is integrated into the DNA of epithelial cells, leading to their proliferation. As a result, papilla-like soft nodules (10-20 millimeters in diameter) appear on the skin or mucous membranes, attached with a thin leg. The shape, color, size of the neoplasms, as well as their localization, depends on the strain of the human papillomavirus. Today, more than a hundred strains of HPV are known.
Acrochords resemble a piece of thread, their size ranges from small (half a millimeter) to large (about twenty millimeters). A characteristic feature of filiform neoplasms is the presence of a leg, with the help of which papilloma is fixed on the skin. At risk are middle-aged and elderly people.
The first stage in the development of viral formation is a yellow speck that grows into a nodule that grows with time. Gradually, an elastic outgrowth forms on an elongated leg, about five millimeters long. The color of the neoplasm in most cases coincides with the skin tone. In rare cases, brown growths are found.
However, permanent trauma or rubbing of papillomas with clothes can lead to an inflammatory process, as well as the spread of rashes around the defect. To provoke damage to the growths can:
- Rubbing with a belt, bodice, cuffs.
Injured neoplasms should be disposed of to prevent the spread of papillomatosis.
There are no recorded cases of self-healing from filiform papillomas. Therefore, it is not worth postponing a visit to a doctor and starting treatment for a disease. The traditional treatment of acrochords is a complex event.
- Excretion of growths;
- Increased immunity;
- Taking antiviral drugs;
- Treatment of chronic diseases;
- Balanced diet;
- Multivitamin intake;
- The correct regime of the day, alternating physical activity with good rest.
Traditional ways to remove papillomas
Modern medicine has a wide selection of methods for getting rid of neoplasms. The most popular of them are:
- Laser destruction. Its advantages include speed, painlessness, and the absence of scars. Layer-by-layer evaporation of tissues by papillomas almost 100% guarantees the absence of relapse. Its disadvantage is the high cost and lack of material for histological examination;
- Radio wave removal. The non-contact technique allows you to get rid of the growth, preventing damage to healthy areas of the skin;
- Cryodestruction. The method is based on freezing the acrochord with liquid nitrogen, cooled to minimum temperatures. The inability to control the depth of exposure does not always allow you to remove the neoplasm in one session. For a complete cure, two to three procedures may be required;
- Electrocoagulation. Burning filamentous growth using high-frequency current. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia and allows you to get rid of the deepest roots of the formation. A scar remains at the site of the removed growth, therefore it is not recommended to use electrocoagulation to remove papillomas on the face or eyelid;
- Surgical method. It is used to get rid of large tumors. It makes it possible to get rid of the roots of the growth. The disadvantage is scarring of tissues;
- Plasma coagulation. Combines the effects of low and high temperatures. Does not leave scars and scars;
- Pharmacy cauterization. Their action is due to the aggressive alkalis and acids that make up the composition. It requires careful application and strict adherence to the instructions. Otherwise, scars may form.
Many people prefer to treat papillomas at home, in comfortable conditions. However, you should be prepared for the fact that the use of traditional medicine prescriptions will require time, patience and mandatory consultation with a dermatologist.
To get rid of acrochords apply:
- Celandine or dandelion juice. Juice from the stem of a freshly picked plant is treated with a growth twice a day for a week;
- Iodine solution. One of the most affordable and safe home medicine. With the help of a cotton swab, the neoplasm is well lubricated. It darkens and gradually disappears;
- Garlic. A small plate is cut from a peeled garlic clove, which is applied to the growth at night. The course of treatment is continued until the formation disappears completely.
When choosing home therapy as a method of treating filiform papillomas, one should strictly follow the recipe and consult a doctor periodically. Remember, the treatment prescribed by a neighbor or a friend can not only not bring the desired result, but also harm your health!