A plantar wart or tongue is a benign neoplasm of a viral origin. The main cause of the onset is papillomavirus infection in the acute stage. On visual inspection, the tenon on the heel is very similar to ordinary callus, however, the nature of the origin and structure of the neoplasms vary.
In contrast to corns, the calcaneal spike has a rather deep root. This neoplasm is painful, so walking for a person becomes a real torment. It is necessary to treat the disease in a comprehensive manner, it is not enough just to remove the growth, to overcome the activity of the virus and henceforth to avoid relapses, you need to take antiviral, immunostimulating drugs.
What is the tenon
Most often, this growth is localized precisely on the heel, somewhat less often on the big toe or under it.
At the initial stage of development, it is difficult to notice the neoplasm, since it will look like a small smooth, painless nodule. As its progression, Shipiga begins to acquire its characteristic outlines:
- The lesion area increases and can reach 2 cm in diameter;
- The surface becomes rough, rough, practically does not protrude above the skin level;
- The growth is dense, with clear boundaries;
- The color of the wart is usually yellow-gray with a whitish bloom on top;
- If the heel is steamed, upon closer examination, dark inclusions are visible inside the tongue – these are clogged vessels;
- The form of the neoplasm is round.
Most often, neoplasms are single, but there is also a multiple lesion, which indicates a strong decrease in immunity and the need for immediate treatment. There are several ways to treat the shipitsa, but before proceeding to therapy, it is worthwhile to figure out what caused its appearance.
Causes of the growth
A neoplasm can appear in both adults and children, the human papillomavirus (HPV) is to blame for this. Usually the infection penetrates through injuries on the feet, and a few months after infection manifests itself as a painful growth.
The main condition necessary for the formation of the tongue is a reduced immunity. People with strong immune defenses may not be aware that they are carriers of HPV, since there are no characteristic growths on the body – their body is able to independently suppress viral attacks.
The following adverse factors contribute to the appearance of plantar warts on the background of reduced immunity:
- Lack of proper hygiene;
- Improperly selected shoes, stiff from poor-quality materials;
- Excessive sweating of the feet;
- Long squeezing, friction.
If infection could not be avoided, and a spike appeared on the foot, treat it promptly until the roots of the growth have penetrated into the deep tissues. There are several ways to get rid of a wart.
Methods of dealing with the disease
Today, heel growth can be withdrawn both in a medical institution and at home with the help of pharmacy drugs, as well as folk remedies. If you decide to get rid of the growth on your own, consult a doctor before performing manipulations.
In a medical institution, the following hardware techniques are carried out to remove the sponges – laser or radio wave destruction, electrocoagulation, and surgical excision. After the growth is removed, the patient needs antiviral therapy, as well as taking interferon drugs that will strengthen the body's immune system. All medicines should be prescribed by a doctor.
After completing the full therapeutic course, the risk of re-growth of the tongue is minimal.
At home, to get rid of the growth, necrotizing drugs are used, for example, Solcoderm, Superchistotel, Ferezol. These aggressive substances provoke the drying out and death of the growth, in fact, burn it out.
It is permissible to use keratolytic drugs (Kollomak, Salipod patch, others) at the initial stages of the development of the shipitsa. They soften the layers of keratinized skin, after which they can be easily removed with manicure tools. But if the neoplasm has a deep root, such drugs will be powerless.
In addition, many are trying to remove the plantar wart at home using some folk remedy. However, it is unlikely that you can quickly get rid of the growth, because some drugs need to be applied for several weeks, and daily. Those that have faster action are not always safe, so make your choice consciously.
Preparing for Home Removal
In order to enhance the effectiveness of the pharmacy, as well as alternative drugs, you should initially prepare the feet and remove the upper horny layers of the skin from the surface of the tongue.
This can be done by using means of keratolytic action. The easiest way to use salipod patch. It is glued onto clean skin, and after 2 days, the softened layers of the wart are removed and removed.
If there is no patch at hand, do foot baths:
- Heat the water to 37-40C, add grated tar soap and soda (per 1 liter of water, 1 tbsp. L.). Steam the feet for about 20 minutes. Then remove the upper layers of the growth with scissors for pedicure and use the drug of your choice;
- Baths made of fermented milk products have keratolytic activity. Bring the serum or kefir to a comfortable temperature, lower your feet, keep for about half an hour. Then remove softened skin;
- Baths with lemon juice and tea tree essential oil – not just soften the growth, they have antiviral activity, relieve inflammation, heal. For 2 liters of warm water you will need the juice of 1 lemon, as well as 5 drops of oil. The procedure takes 20 minutes.
There are lots of folk recipes that will help you get rid of the tongue on the heel. Here are the most popular.
- Homemade celandine extract is nothing more than the milky juice of a plant. It is enough to carry out treatment of the growth several times a day, while avoiding contact with open skin. To do this, cut off the celandine, break its stem, and apply the released liquid to the surface of the tongue, let it soak in. When the wart turns black, stop the procedure, after about 10-14 days it will die. The ointment based on celandine has a more gentle effect, just mix a few drops of juice with petroleum jelly or cream;
- Vinegar – drip 1 drop 4 times a day for a pre-steamed neoplasm. Therapy lasts until the tongue dries out;
- Cut garlic or onions into thin plates, pour them with vinegar, let stand for 2-3 hours. Then attach a piece of the product to the wart, fix it with a band-aid or bandage, leave it overnight;
- Potassium permanganate. Steal the growth, remove the upper layers, so that the anemone stands out a little, and pour several crystals of potassium permanganate into the formed depression, fix with a plaster. Do not remove for at least 12 hours, then repeat the procedure. All you need to do 4-5 manipulations;
- Horseradish root – a small plate is tied to the tongue, fixed with polyethylene and a bandage, put on a sock. Perform the procedure at night. Carry out treatment until the root of the outgrowth comes to the surface.
Start therapy only after prior consultation with a doctor or remove the growth in a medical facility.
To remove the calcaneal wart along with the root at home, aggressive substances are used that burn out the growth. However, inept use can cause a burn of surrounding tissues, leave scars, in addition, an infection often gets into the wound – inflammation, swelling, suppuration develops, and soreness intensifies.
When using pharmacy medicines, always follow the rules prescribed in the instructions, or consult with your doctor first.
- Ferezol – applied locally (only on the wart). The surface needs to be processed 7-10 times. After each cauterization, take a break of 3 minutes. A few days later, the spitz dies;
- Solcoderm – using the applicator, the liquid is distributed over the entire surface of the growth (without affecting healthy skin) and waiting for changes – after 5 minutes the tongue should discolor. Manipulation is performed until characteristic changes occur. Further, the treated area is lubricated three times a day with ethyl alcohol;
- Super pure – Steam and apply 1 drop of medicine on the tongue. The procedure is performed once a day for a week. In addition to the solution, the drug is available in the form of a felt-tip pen, while it has the same properties as a liquid. But using it is much simpler – there is no risk of damaging healthy tissues.