Any rashes or neoplasms in the neck, as well as on the face, always cause frustration. Moreover, such as benign tumors. The first thing papillomas talk about on the body is that HPV is present in the body – the human papillomavirus. This infection is quite insidious, for many years it can be in a sleeping state, and manifest itself with any weakening of health, an immune or hormonal surge.
Risk of neck papillomatosis
The causes of papillomas on the neck are also a result of HPV activity. Sometimes their growth begins with mild itching, burning, skin irritation, and later small vesicles appear, increasing in size, in other cases the process is asymptomatic. There are both single and multiple growths. Color, shape and size depend on the type of virus.
On a neck more often are formed:
- flat papillomas – barely rise above the skin, resemble clearly limited rounded swelling of a light brown or grayish color, accompanied by tingling, itching, prone to overgrowth;
- threadlike or hanging – have a thin base, size from 1 to 5 mm, are the same color with the skin or a little darker than it, in shape similar to moles or short threads.
Periodically, an increase in the number of papillomas or the drying out of existing ones is possible.
In women, such neoplasms are more common, several factors and features play a role here:
- thinner sensitive skin, which is easily injured by jewelry, clasps;
- passion for cosmetic procedures, use of inadequate quality care products;
- physiological and endocrine changes, the use of hormone-containing drugs.
The presence of any growths on the open parts of the body causes aesthetic problems and psychological discomfort. But, most importantly, why papillomas on the neck are dangerous, the risk of their trauma or degeneration into an oncological tumor. This is especially true for hanging formations that are extremely mobile, easily touched, pinched by accessories, collars and other details of clothing.
In the warm season, the open neck is irradiated with ultraviolet rays, sweats, provoking unwanted biochemical changes.
How to remove papillomas on the neck
It is impossible to determine which of the growths are safe in oncological terms, and which can be malignant – leading to cancer. For this reason, dermatologists advise to contact the clinic when they are detected, especially if there are a lot of papillomas on the neck.
A medical examination will help confirm that the rashes are indeed papillomas, identify the type of virus that has settled in the body and eliminate the likelihood of malignant degeneration of formations. Why hanging papillomas and other types of formations appear on the neck will help to determine immunological studies, hormonal profile tests, and the identification of concomitant infectious diseases.
Whether papillomas need to be removed depends on the clinical signs of the disease. If they are localized in places of contact with clothing, are subject to injury, the answer is clear – you need to get rid of it. Cancerous growths are removed in a clinical setting with subsequent cytological analysis of the material obtained. You should not be guided by unverified methods and recommendations, try to independently disrupt interfering hanging papillomas.
Treatment at home is allowed only after prior approval by a doctor. Small motionless papillomas not neck, whose size does not exceed 1 mm, and the condition is not a concern, often advised not to touch. In these cases, systemic therapy is more successful.
It is possible to get rid of papillomas at home with the help of medications and folk remedies. The choice of how to treat them depends on the individual characteristics of the body, the degree of distribution and type of papillomatosis. Pharmacy drugs can eliminate neoplasms quickly, but require sufficient dexterity and skill. Extraneous assistance may be required to use them.
Means based on medicinal plants, oils and other natural components are safer, but it will take a little longer to wait for the result.
Pharmaceutical preparations contain complexes of chemicals on an alkaline or acid basis that destroy papillomas – mummifying or cauterizing.
The list of the most preferred medicines for home treatment includes the following drugs:
- Cryopharma. It is a special refrigerant packaged in an aerosol can. The kit includes 12 porous soft applicators and a special nozzle. The removal procedure is similar to clinical freezing of papillomas, but without liquid nitrogen. The composition of Cryopharm includes a mixture of ethers and propane compounds, in air it turns into ice crystals. Applicators allow you to apply the drug exactly on the papilloma. Under the influence of the refrigerant, the neoplasm is necrotic – its tissues stop receiving nutrition, are destroyed and gradually rejected. After the application procedure, which lasts 10-20 seconds. papillomas change shape and color, and then fall off within 10-12 days, leaving a thin crust on the skin. A few days later she disappears. If formations exceed 3 mm in diameter, a second freezing session may be required after 2 weeks. The bottle contains 35 ml of the product, which is enough for several uses. Covering and bandaging papillomas after treatment is optional. Cryopharma is the most convenient and effective medicine for papillomas on the neck, with virtually no side effects. However, precautions are necessary. You can use the drug without fear on the back, less sensitive, surface of the neck. Contraindications are inflammatory skin diseases, abrasions, wounds, scratching. The reasons for the prohibition of Cryopharma are: period of pregnancy, poor blood coagulation, diabetes mellitus.
- Collomac. Liquid containing salicylic, lactic acid, polydocanol. It differs in a rather mild effect, gradually destroying the structure of pathological formations. The solution is packaged in 10 ml glass vials. For each papilloma, you need to apply a drop of the drug, repeating the treatment twice a day. Complete death of neoplasms occurs in a week.
- Ferezol. An oily brown solution based on phenol with tricresol. A bottle of 10 grams of the drug is equipped with a dispenser. When applied to papillomas, cauterization of their tissues and subsequent necrotization occurs. The solution is quite aggressive. The skin around the papillomas must be coated with petroleum jelly or zinc paste. Caution and utmost care must be observed when applied to the front or side of the neck. To remove small papillomas, one application is enough. The active substances of the drug have pronounced bactericidal properties. If the size of the neoplasms exceeds 3-4 mm, after the agent has dried, a second coat must be applied. While using Ferezol, a slight burning or tingling sensation is possible. Complete drying and rejection of papillomatous tissue occurs after 2 weeks.
- Super Celandine. The commercial name of the drug does not indicate the presence of celandine extract in it. This is a solution of potassium and sodium salts with water. The concentration of alkalis in the product is such that it allows the destruction of papillomatous tissue, leading to their death.
- Verrucacid. An effective remedy for papillomas on the neck. A liquid oily preparation with a high content of phenol and metacresol. These chemicals cause clotting of the protein components by papillomas, making them mummified. Small formations need to be processed once, those larger than 3 mm need 4-5 uses of the drug. After treatment, short-term pain is likely.
The period of necrotization of the treated papillomas requires careful attention. You should not try to rip them off ahead of time; some time is needed to regenerate the underlying tissues. You should protect the affected areas of the skin, refuse to wear necklaces or chains, stiff collars. It is not recommended to seal the papillomas during the period of treatment with a patch, this can cause an inflammatory reaction.
If the papillomas on the neck are very small, local antiviral drugs in the form of gels or creams can have a therapeutic effect. Positive feedback deserved funds Viferon, Oxolin, salicylic ointment. With regular use, they contribute to destructive changes in existing growths and prevent the development of new ones.
Scars at the site of rejection of papillomas should be protected from mechanical stress and the ingress of particles of cosmetics, try not to expose to direct sunlight.
Removal by folk remedies
Medications are not suitable for everyone. Their use is prohibited for pregnant and lactating women, allergy sufferers, suffering from vascular and skin diseases, hypersensitivity to chemicals. In these cases, remove papillomas on the neck can be folk remedies. Many of them contain alkali and acid, but in a lower concentration. This avoids skin irritations and burns.
Treatment with folk remedies requires more time and diligence. Before using natural components, just like medications, it is necessary to be examined by a doctor.
Many medicinal plants are saturated with active substances that destroy the cells of the papillomas and have an antiviral effect.
The most effective of them:
- Celandine. To get rid of papillomas on the neck at home is quite simple with the help of this herb. The most successful treatment is carried out, lubricating the growths with fresh milky juice of the plant every day. The result comes quickly – in 5-7 days. From dried grass, you can cook gruel by chopping it and mixing it with hot water. In this case, the tool is applied to the papillomas for several hours, fixing on top of the bandage. Alcohol tincture of celandine also helps to reduce papillomas. She needs to moisten the growths, applying similarly to medical solutions.
- Juice aloe – A useful and safe tool for removing papillomas on the delicate skin of the neck. The cut leaf should be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, peeled and firmly strengthened in the affected area. It’s best to do it at night. After daily use for 10 days, papillomas will enter.
- Oil of tea wood. This natural product is known for its antimicrobial properties. It helps and fight papillomas. You can use only real oil without impurities and fragrances. It must be applied dropwise to each growth. Papillomas are cauterized naturally and after 2 weeks they go off.
- Castor (ricin) oil. The product is considered an unsurpassed remedy for various skin problems. This is explained by the rich content of retinoic acid in it, which stimulates the death and exfoliation of old and diseased cells. Treatment with papillary castor oil can be carried out by abundantly applying oil to the growth several times a day. Depending on the size, rejection occurs after 2-4 weeks of treatment. In the absence of allergies, the neck can be covered with a thin layer of oil completely, this will help prevent the growth of new formations.
- Economic soap. From it you can make homemade ointment for papillomas on the neck. The crushed piece should be mixed with fresh onion or garlic juice until smooth and grease the growths, covering with a bandage. Applications must be done at night for a week. Soap contains a lot of potassium and sodium, onions and garlic have powerful antiviral properties.
Home treatment methods should be abandoned if there is a tendency to the formation of new papillomas, if growths occur not only on the neck, but also on other parts of the body.
Whatever method of removal of papillomas on the neck is chosen, it must be remembered that the main treatment should be aimed at eliminating the causes that caused their growth. It is completely impossible to get rid of HPV, but it is quite possible to suppress its activity.
To do this, you must carefully consider your health condition: give up any bad habits, undergo a preventive medical examination in a timely manner, do not start infectious and inflammatory diseases, make up for vitamin deficiency, and take immunomodulators.