Papillomas on the legs are the most problematic neoplasm of all caused by papillomavirus. People with such diseases suffer from pain when walking.
The cause of growths on the toes, heel, foot or sole of the foot is HPV (human papillomavirus). HPV infection occurs through microtrauma of the skin of the legs. Today, more than a hundred varieties of papillomavirus are known. The occurrence of defects on the toes is provoked by several of their number.
Facilitates the penetration of HPV into the body:
- Sweating feet;
- Non-observance of hygiene rules;
- Wearing tight shoes;
- Well-groomed cracked skin on the heel;
- Frequent hypothermia.
At risk are lovers of saunas, baths and pools, who prefer to do without rubber slates, use other people's hygiene products (soap, washcloth, towel), as well as those who wear other people's shoes.
Many are interested in what papilloma looks like on the foot. This is a rounded growth. In case of localization on the fingers and feet, their surface is covered with scales and begins to peel off. After steaming and removing the upper layer of the neoplasm, dark inclusions become noticeable. These are thrombosed blood vessels. Plantar papillomas are prone to overgrowth and fusion. The foot is covered with one continuous growth.
The shape, shade and size of the neoplasm depends on their subspecies. Diagnose such varieties of papillomas localized on the feet:
- Simple. Rounded outgrowths with a hard scaly surface, not exceeding fifty millimeters in diameter. Often merge, forming one continuous growth. They are localized on the knees, their shade coincides with the shade of the epithelium;
- Flat or youthful. Smooth seals, slightly raised above the surface of the skin. They are deployed on the toes of the upper leg. Have a beige or pinkish color;
- Plantar. Dense nodules are yellowish or gray. Attack the plantar of the foot, heel, fingertips. The keratinized surface of the plantar growths first peels off, and then exfoliates. Having removed the upper keratinous layer, it is possible to distinguish dark inclusions of thrombosed capillaries. This is the most painful variety of papillomas. The keratinized layer pinches nerve endings. Stepping on the foot, a person experiences sharp pain, which makes movement difficult.
Treatment of papillomas on the legs
Therapy of neoplasms of viral etymology is a comprehensive measure that includes:
- Taking antiviral drugs;
- The use of immunostimulating agents;
- Balanced diet;
- Optimization of rest and physical activity;
- Direct removal of the growth.
Therefore, to begin with, you should consult a doctor to clarify the diagnosis and choose a method of getting rid of papillomas. In a specialized clinic you will be offered to use one of the methods of radical elimination of neoplasms:
- Cryodestruction – freezing out the growth with liquid nitrogen;
- Laser destruction – layer-by-layer evaporation of neoplasm tissue using a laser beam;
- Electrocoagulation – burning papillomas with a high-frequency current;
- Radio wave destruction – non-contact technique;
- Surgical operation – cutting off the formation with a scalpel.
It is worth noting that plantar papillomas can be reduced at home using conservative methods.
Ordinary and plantar neoplasms are better than others in the treatment of pharmacy drugs. To remove the remaining types of papillomas, it is better to use radical methods.
You can remove foot skin defects by applying:
- Antiviral and immunomodulating drugs: Panavir, Viferon. Imiquimod, Oxolinic ointment. Treat the damaged area twice a day. Duration of excretion depends on the drug, usually from seven to thirty days;
- Means, the main component of which is salicylic acid: Salicylic ointment, Collomac, Salipod, Duofilm. They help reduce the plantar growth in layers;
- Acid solutions: Solcoderm, Wartner;
- Means, which include alkali: Superchistotel, Lekker;
- Necrotizing, cauterizing drugs: Lapis pencil, iodine solution;
- Phenol solutions: Ferezol, Verrukatsid have a necrotizing effect on the neoplasm;
- Solutions for home cryodestruction: Wartner Cryo, Cryopharma.
The growths were removed from the feet and toes with the help of recipes of traditional healers at a time when traditional medicine did not receive its distribution. Despite the absurdity of some recipes, patient reviews indicate their effectiveness. The main advantage of folk remedies is their low cost, availability, almost complete absence of adverse reactions. However, before starting treatment, it is worth consulting with a dermatologist. He will confirm the diagnosis and correct the course of treatment.
The most effective recipes of alternative medicine in the fight against skin defects:
- Lubricate the growth in the morning and evening with the juice of freshly picked celandine, milkweed or dandelion. Continue treatment until complete elimination of the neoplasm;
- Grate raw potatoes with a grater, mix with chopped garlic. Apply the resulting mixture to the papilloma at night, fixing it with a bandage or patch;
- To process outgrowths with a decoction of wild wormwood. Brew three tablespoons of dried grass in one glass of boiling water. Insist in a cool dark place for two to three days, strain;
- Rub a drop of table vinegar into the growth. Repeat once every two days. The second option: knead the elastic dough by mixing vinegar with flour. The resulting cake is applied to the problem area. The procedure is more convenient to carry out before bedtime;
- Grind a sheet of three-year-old aloe or kalanchoe. The resulting slurry is applied to the neoplasm. Leave until morning. Repeat daily until the problem is completely eliminated.
Whatever treatment method you choose, do not delay the therapy until later. It is much easier to cope with a recently appeared neoplasm than with an old growth that has a deep root. And remember, any treatment begins with a visit to a specialist. Treatment under the supervision of a doctor will be much more effective and safer. Do not self-medicate – take care of your health.