Papillomavirus can attack the human body at almost any time. It develops on the skin and mucous membranes, so sometimes tumors appear in the vagina. This should serve as a signal for a woman to immediately begin treatment, since papilloma in the vagina can lead to a number of complications, including the formation of cancerous tumors.
In the article below you will find a lot of useful information about the causes of this disease, its symptoms, and most importantly – how to treat papillomas in the vagina and which method should be preferred.
Vaginal papillomas: causes
In the vast majority of cases, HPV affects the vaginal mucosa after unprotected sexual contact of the fair sex with her partner, because, as a rule, it is men who carry the virus. Sometimes the papilloma virus enters the vagina even when using a pair of condoms in love – pathogenic microorganisms can be located in the inguinal region and the slightest contact with the genitals will be enough for infection.
The incubation period takes from 2 to 3 months, which complicates the diagnosis of the disease in the early stages. Under favorable conditions, the development of the virus occurs much faster.
However, even if dangerous microorganisms enter the vaginal mucosa, several factors must be observed in order for the disease to enter the active stage. What contributes to the development of papillomatosis? We will try to find out in the next section.
Vaginal papillomatosis: factors contributing to the development of the disease
The risk of contracting papillomavirus increases several times if a woman or girl:
- Recently underwent a serious operation, as a result of which her immunity was weakened;
- Suffers from serious hereditary or acquired diseases (for example, diabetes mellitus, tuberculosis, etc.);
- Abuses alcohol, tobacco;
- Suffering from drug addiction;
- Sick of AIDS. HIV provokes the development of many concomitant diseases in the human body, including the appearance of papillomas in the vagina;
- He has an active sex life, characterized by a frequent change of partners;
- Prefers unprotected sex;
- Is deficient in vitamins and nutrients;
- I gave birth to a child in adolescence.
Symptoms of the disease
What symptoms will help diagnose the development in the body of a woman with papillomavirus? Briefly analyze them depending on the stage of the disease:
- The first stage can be safely called asymptomatic. Despite the fact that the infection has already taken place, the human papillomavirus may not manifest itself for a long time. Moreover, in the absence of favorable conditions for the further propagation of pathogenic viruses, the transition of the disease to the active form may never happen;
- At the second (or subclinical) stage, the disease can be diagnosed. To do this, you need to treat the vaginal mucosa with a solution of acetic acid or Lugol's solution. If these substances get on the affected areas, they will immediately turn into a color that differs sharply from the color of healthy tissues;
- At the third (clinical) stage, the disease can be detected even during a superficial gynecological examination. Characteristic neoplasms appear in the vagina. In order to better understand how papillomas look, it is enough to imagine a mushroom on a thin leg with a weighty hat. The disease, which turned into a clinical form, gives a woman a lot of inconvenience – just mention the constant discomfort during intimacy and regular blood discharge.
Vaginal vestibule micropapillomatosis
Sometimes the virus can develop not on the vaginal walls, but directly at the entrance to the vagina. This disease is called micropapillomatosis. According to medical professionals, it occurs in approximately every thirty women.
The main culprits of infection are pathogenic viruses, which belong to one of the varieties of HPV. However, it should immediately be said that they are safe for the female body and can not do any harm to it.
Papillomas at the entrance to the vagina are characteristic nodular neoplasms of flesh-colored. In most cases, they are arranged symmetrically or in a single row.
As mentioned above, they do not carry any threat, therefore, their treatment is optional. However, if a woman still wants to get rid of micropapillomatosis for cosmetic purposes, then she can always do this by resorting to the so-called “hardware technique”, which we will discuss in more detail in the following sections.
Medicinal and folk methods of treating papilloma on the walls of the vagina
If during sex with your lover you still “picked up” papillomavirus, then treatment should be started immediately after diagnosing the disease (this is especially important during pregnancy so that a dangerous infection is not transmitted to the child). To do this, you can use both medications that will be prescribed to you by your doctor, and folk remedies.
Treatment of papillomas in the vagina involves the use of the following medical devices:
- Alpizarin or Lycopida. These drugs perfectly cope with all kinds of viruses and help get rid of even a large number of neoplasms. In order to cure papillomatosis in the vagina as soon as possible, they are recommended to be taken in combination with immunostimulating agents;
- Special creams or vaginal suppositories. The most popular is Haladerm ointment, which must be applied to the affected areas 2-3 times a day for several weeks. Riodoxol can also boast high efficiency, however, when using this gel, it is important not to overdo it with the dosage – it can cause mild burns that cause very unpleasant sensations;
- Solcoderm or Interferon prescribed during pregnancy.
In order to treat papillomas in the vagina at home, without going to the doctor, you can use:
- Liquid ammonia, which is used several times a day to treat the affected areas of the vagina;
- Sea buckthorn oil, due to its powerful antibacterial properties, allows you to quickly get rid of the external manifestations of papilloma;
- A solution of tar soap, which is an excellent antiseptic.
However, when using folk remedies, in no case should we forget that they only allow you to remove neoplasms. Unfortunately, they will not be able to get rid of the papilloma virus with their help.
Removal of papillomas in the vagina using a hardware technique
If it is not possible to get rid of neoplasms with the help of traditional treatment or alternative methods, it is recommended to use the so-called “hardware technique”. How to get rid of all kinds of papillomas in this way? What procedures do qualified medical professionals recommend? You can find out about this by looking at the table below.
|Laser therapy||Provides for the use of a laser beam. After processing with the help of the last papilloma inside the vagina, it loses moisture almost instantly and dries. Then it can be quickly and painlessly removed. In most cases, one session is enough to get rid of neoplasms.|
|Radio wave surgery||Perhaps the most effective and painless way. The neoplasm is processed by radio waves, which violate the structure of the DNA of the virus and prevent it from multiplying. After removal of the papillomas, no scars or scars remain. The only minus of the procedure is the high cost, so not everyone can afford it.|
|Electrocoagulation||Vaginal papillomas are affected by directed electric current. As a result, HPV reproduction ceases and after a couple of hours, the neoplasm dies.|
|Cryodestruction||It involves the treatment of neoplasms with liquid nitrogen. Low temperature prevents further division of pathogenic cells and localizes the affected area, which makes the further spread of the virus impossible.|