Papillomavirus, which is found in organisms in almost 80% of the world's population, manifests itself in various places. And when it comes to intimate areas, many patients are simply embarrassed to see a doctor, often self-medicating or completely ignoring the neoplasm.
But it is worth knowing that papillomas in the anus can be a signal of the development of a serious disease, and even worse, such growths, depending on the strain, are sometimes converted to malignant tumors.
Causes of the appearance of rectal papilloma
A sufficiently long period of time, the human papillomavirus is in an inactive state, manifesting itself only in those moments when the body weakens or serious failures begin in it.
Like growths in all other places, papillomas in the rectum can occur for the following series of reasons:
- Changes in the hormonal background. This can be caused by both taking drugs and age-related characteristics;
- Conducting chemotherapy, which is why the body is greatly weakened;
- Constant severe stress;
- Excessive daily exercise;
- Weakened immunity for various reasons;
- Unhealthy diet and bad habits;
- Non-observance of hygiene rules.
Whatever the reason leads to the formation of papilloma in the rectum, it is imperative to consult a specialist, despite all the uncomfortable moments.
Varieties of papillomas in the anus
Today, doctors distribute papillomas, which are based in the anus and rectum, into several types. Their differences are in the number and size of formations, because the classification is as follows:
- Single large papilloma;
- Numerous small papillomas that are not fused;
- Numerous papillomas that have fused into one growth;
- Single small papilloma.
Depending on which particular lesions of the rectum occurred, the prescribed treatment will also depend. For this reason, it is better to postpone an independent solution to the issue using the services of traditional medicine.
Symptoms of the disease
Despite the fact that when a papilloma appears in the anus, a person experiences a lot of inconvenience, there are also cases where the growth can exist there asymptomatically. Nevertheless, sooner or later the disease will begin to progress, therefore you need to know about the signs indicating the presence of neoplasms, including not only the anus, but also the papillomas in the intestine, which is also not uncommon.
Symptoms are as follows:
- Abundant discharge, causing constant increased humidity;
- Itching and burning in the anus;
- Pain around the anus;
- Going to the toilet will be accompanied not only by pain, but also by blood secretions;
- Possible increase in temperature slightly above 37 degrees;
- There will be a sensation of the presence of a foreign body in the anus.
Some may confuse the discomfort with hemorrhoids. In view of this, the question arises, how to distinguish hemorrhoids from papilloma, so as not to start a dangerous disease?
In this case, it would be most advisable to consult a doctor, since not all symptoms appear at the same time, and only the sensation of the presence of a foreign body in the anus will help distinguish one disease from another.
In addition, given the possibility of developing one or more papillomas at the same time, symptoms may vary, and therefore the treatment of the disease as a result, since the approach to removing growths will be different. Of course, it is necessary to take into account the fact that the treatment will be complex, since just removing the papillomas will not solve the problem.
Diagnosis of the disease
Immediately, we note that treatment of papillomas of the rectum should begin with a visit to the proctologist, that he will be able to conduct the correct examination and diagnose the disease. There are many similar diseases, therefore only a specialist will clearly determine what exactly his patient suffers from.
To clarify all the subtleties, the following series of analyzes and procedures are usually carried out:
- Visual examination of the anus by a doctor;
- Sigmoidoscopy, which allows a deeper analysis of the rectum using a specialized microscope;
- In addition, a blood test, scraping or part of the neoplasm is taken for a detailed examination.
Due to such difficult procedures, only a professional will be able to determine hemorrhoids or papillomas become the culprits of unpleasant sensations and how to distinguish the same papillomas from any other growths. Under no circumstances should you endure the unpleasant sensations in the anus, because if these are still HPV manifestations, then it is likely that over time the neoplasm can degenerate into a malignant tumor, and this is already a much more serious situation.
After carrying out all the research and taking tests, several specialists decide on the treatment. To determine the type of papilloma near the anus and how to treat such an outgrowth, an expert who can use the help of his colleagues can. The fact is that the final decision on the removal of the growth will be made not only by the surgeon, but also by the immunologist, in some cases an oncologist, as well as a dermatologist.
The very removal of papillomas in the anus will occur using one of 4 modern methods:
- Laser excision. It is used if there is genital warts in the anus;
- Exposure to chemicals. Often, Podophyllinum is used for such treatment, but this is far from the best method, since the remedy also affects ordinary, healthy cells;
- Cryotherapy. Removing the neoplasm using low temperatures is not the best choice in this case, since the treatment sites will heal for a long time, and an adhesive is additionally glued on them, which is even more inconvenient;
- Electrocoagulation One of the best methods, but it is carried out using anesthesia, since the current supplied to the device, heats the loop very much for cauterization and this can cause pain.
If this is intestinal papilloma, then a deeper study of the problem is carried out and slightly different methods for removing papillomas are used, but not always, although it is the doctors who will make the final decision. A biopsy is mandatory to make sure that you are completely free of the disease.
How to get rid of papillomas at home?
If, nevertheless, the patient decided to get rid of the growth on his own, then folk remedies or a drug such as Cryopharm, which is sold in the form of adhesive tape, will help. In the case when papillomas appeared in the anus, their treatment at home will be possible using the following methods:
- Adhesive tape "Cryopharma". Previously, the area where the papilloma is located is slightly moistened with water so that the skin softens. A tape is applied to the formation (it is impregnated with a special tool), which is kept there for 3 hours. Immediately it should be noted that this is not the most pleasant procedure, pain and discomfort are possible;
- The use of decoctions. If we get rid of papillomas with the help of decoctions, then we must understand that this will lead, at best, only to visual relief from the disease. Taking a potato, nettle, wild rose or plantain, a decoction is made (with only one of the proposed ingredients), with which the growth is moistened until it disappears. This happens several times a day. If the method does not help, it is better to see a doctor;
- Celandine. When it is possible to use the juice of only the torn celandine, it must be applied to the papilloma without affecting the skin near it. The procedure is repeated 2 times a day until the growth disappears;
- Lubrication of the neoplasm with iodine. Iodine will make it possible to dry the growth, while preventing infection from getting inside. Education is lubricated, again, until it disappears.
It is strongly discouraged to independently resolve such issues, since a benign formation, when exposed to it by any means or its damage, can degenerate into a malignant one.
There are a number of measures by which a person can protect himself from the manifestation of HPV or the progression of this disease. The following expert advice should be followed:
- Do not spare money for periodic examinations;
- Constantly take tests if the presence of HPV in the body is already confirmed;
- Try to eat right and lead an active lifestyle;
- It is better to exclude bad habits;
- If the operation was performed, it is necessary to thoroughly clean the places of removal of papillomas;
- Personal hygiene is very important.
All these recommendations are very simple, but few people follow them, so in the end you have to undergo a full course of treatment, and sometimes get rid of already malignant formations when the disease is started.