People who encounter the human papillomavirus can see various manifestations of this disease on their skin and mucous membranes. One of the options for HPV activity may be staple papilloma, which is a benign formation caused by a certain number of strains of this virus.
What are such growths, how dangerous are they and how to remove them correctly? All this needs to be understood in more detail.
Causes of papillomas on a thin leg
It is immediately worth noting that papillomas of this type appear in those patients who are infected with a 3, 5, 8 or 9 strain of the human papillomavirus. It is transmitted both sexually and contact – household, especially if a person has certain damage to the skin, often sweats, or is in places with high humidity.
But if you look in more detail, then the appearance of such papillomas can be caused by the following several reasons:
- Direct contact with the infected person at home;
- Sexual contact with the patient;
- Excessive activity of the sebaceous glands also causes easier penetration of the virus into the body, as does sweating;
- High humidity of the skin;
- Violation of personal hygiene.
In fact, HPV is most often infected precisely through direct contact with patients, all other reasons can only accompany the 100% penetration of the virus into the body.
What is the danger of such growths
Since such papillomas are localized on almost all parts of the body, including the neck, armpit area and chest, the main danger of their appearance on the body is injuries. When removing clothes, bathing procedures, scratching and other manipulations, such growths are not only damaged, but can come off.
Panic in such cases is not necessary, because if you disinfect the damaged area in time and go to the doctor for a full examination, the papilloma on the thin leg will not bother the patient in the future. If you do not pay attention to it, you can bring an infection under the skin, to achieve inflammation, relapse of the disease, which will lead to the appearance of new growths and even to the degeneration of papilloma into a malignant formation. That is why the most reasonable step will be to contact a specialist, even if the growth does not cause inconvenience.
In this case, everything is quite simple, because the body has a papilloma, it has a characteristic thin leg and, it would seem, no studies are needed here, treatment can be carried out independently. But it is worth noting that only an experienced doctor can tell how safe the growth is and by which method it can be removed. And therefore, independent treatment of papillomas with a thin leg is undesirable.
Doctors use the following series of methods to determine the type of neoplasm:
- Assessment of cell structures (cytological analysis);
- Histological analysis, which is carried out after removal of the papilloma;
- Digene test, which makes it possible to find out what type of virus is in the body, malignancy of the growth, strain and many other information;
After this, papilloma removal is prescribed in a certain way and drugs that will make it possible to inhibit the virus in the body.
Surgical removal of leg papillomas
In the case of papillomas of this type, various modern methods for their removal can be applied. The specialist will offer the most suitable option in a particular case from the existing ones, and this:
- Laser removal;
- Cryodestruction (removal of the growth with liquid nitrogen);
- Electrocoagulation (a current of established force is supplied to the device, which heats the used nozzle, and the neoplasm cells are destroyed by high temperature);
- Radio wave therapy. In this case, a radio wave knife is used.
It is worth recalling once again that only the doctor determines the method of removal, as well as specific drugs that increase immunity and inhibit the virus, based on the characteristics of the patient. Self-selection of drugs and even more so removal (cutting, tearing) should not be used if you want to maintain health. But if you consider options for how to remove the papilloma on the leg yourself, you can pay attention to folk recipes.
Alternative methods of treatment
You can remove growths of this type yourself with the help of recipes, which have long been the main traditional medicine. Of these, it is worth highlighting:
- Celandine. This tool is the most affordable and popular. You can lubricate the growth with the juice of a fresh plant, you can use celandine oil or tincture – in any case, the effect on the papilloma will be almost the same;
- Another popular method of removal is the use of garlic. Its healing properties allow to dry the growth, if every day it is the formation itself that is lubricated with thinly sliced slices, without affecting the skin nearby. Moreover, you need to do this carefully, without damaging the papilloma;
- Castor oil. A thin column, which is the leg of the papilloma, can dry out and fall off if it is lubricated daily with this oil;
- Onions can work a little longer than garlic. It is necessary to squeeze juice out of it and also lubricate the growth, until it dries;
- Iodine lubrication. There is an alcoholic solution of iodine, and if it is applied to the growth, it is possible to achieve papilloma falling off.
It is very important to adhere to some rules during the rehabilitation period after removal of the papilloma. From the basic rules that a doctor must tell the patient, we highlight:
- After the operation, a crust remains at the site of removal. It is not necessary to wet it and even more so to tear it off, it should eventually fall off by itself;
- No need to glue it with a band-aid, which will then have to be torn off with a crust;
- You need to try not to give the wound the influence of sunlight;
- The removal site must be constantly disinfected, but only with the means prescribed by the doctor;
- After the crust has fallen off, do not apply skin cream or cosmetics there.
Such simple rules will help to avoid infection in the wound and relapse of the disease in the future. The most important thing is to see a doctor in time, and then follow all his instructions and recommendations.