Any neoplasms appearing on the body cause negative emotions. Especially if they appear on the face. They not only spoil the appearance, but also cause obvious psychological discomfort.
If damaged, the growths bleed, hurt, can vary in size. That is why many people decide to get rid of them in a radical way and decide to remove the papilloma from the face. Today, this can be done both in a medical institution and at home.
Causes of papillomas on the face
The main cause of growths on the face is the human papillomavirus. In people with strong immunity, it does not manifest itself in any way, it is in a latent state. If the body malfunctions, the virus goes into the active phase and, as a result, the appearance of neoplasms on the skin.
There are several factors in the presence of which you can understand why papillomas appear:
- Hormonal disbalance;
- Exposure to severe stress;
- Psychological stress;
- Severe physical fatigue;
- Oppression of the immune system.
Most often, growths appear on the body in children and elderly people. HPV infection can occur both sexually and by contact. Even the transmission of infection from mother to child during labor is not excluded.
Which doctor treats papillomas
When growths appear on the skin integument, the initial question is which doctor should be consulted with this problem. This largely depends on the location of the neoplasms and the extent of the lesion. In most cases, patients seek help from a local therapist, who, after a thorough examination, already gives direction to narrow specialists:
If the lesion foci have reached enormous size, then the patient must be examined by a specialist oncologist. Often, a number of additional studies are prescribed, with the help of which it is possible not only to determine the strain of the virus, but also to determine whether the growth is a benign formation.
Types of papillomas on the face
There are several varieties of papillomas that can be localized not only on the face, but also in other parts of the skin:
- Simple. Visually, they resemble a bump protruding above the surface;
- Flat papillomas. The growths are similar to an angular bump and do not differ in color from the skin of the face. Sometimes their appearance is accompanied by itching and discomfort;
- Threadlike. The most common ones appear not only in the eye area, but also in the armpits. Most often, their owners are people who have crossed the forty-year milestone;
- Spiky. Affect the genitals and mucous membranes;
- Plantar. Growths with a rough surface, quite painful.
Methods for removing papillomas on the face
All of the existing methods for removing growths are very aggressive in case of carrying out the procedure on delicate skin. That is why the specialist approaches the choice of a particular method as carefully as possible.
Specialists try not to resort to surgical excision of growths on the face. This is due to the fact that after such an operation, scarring of tissues is inevitable. Such an operation is a necessary measure when detecting neoplasms of a huge size and suspicions of their degeneration into melanoma.
Most often, specialists use the following methods:
- Laser excision. Pathological cells evaporate under the influence of a laser beam. The method is effective and safe, but far from the cheapest. After the procedure, a crust remains on the affected area, which after a short time disappears on its own. In the postoperative period, exposure to ultraviolet radiation should be avoided;
- Cryodestruction. Papillomas are frozen under the influence of liquid nitrogen. During the rehabilitation period, I treat the skin with a weak solution of manganese for seven days;
- Radio wave method. The neoplasm is cut with a radio knife in the area of its base. When using this method, material remains for subsequent histological examination;
- Electrocoagulation. Cells are burned out by a high-frequency current, and the vessels are sealed off to the cut. The method is absolutely bloodless, but quite painful.
In case of eyelid damage, it is strongly recommended to resort to laser therapy and the use of liquid nitrogen. In the neck area is also allowed the use of a radio knife and high-frequency current.
Among the advantages of hardware methods, experts distinguish the following:
- Minimum time costs;
- Comparative painlessness;
- Short rehabilitation period.
How to get rid of papillomas on the face with medications
Therapy that would give a 100% result and permanently rid of HPV does not exist today. Drugs and methods that can remove the virus from the body have not yet been created. Treatment comes down solely to eliminating the symptoms and inhibiting the virus.
In order to strengthen the immune system in a pharmacy, you can purchase such herbal preparations:
- Chinese magnolia vine;
- Manchurian Aralia;
- Birch tree;
Often, synthetic immunomodulators are also prescribed, which can also be purchased at the pharmacy:
There are many topical preparations. The most effective pharmacy products that can cure papilloma on the face at home:
- Aladar Cream;
- Oxolinic ointment. It has an antiviral effect;
- Pianping 999 – an effective Chinese ointment;
- Ointment from papillomas Stefalin;
- Gel Panavir;
- Cryopharma is a drug with a freezing effect. Its principle of operation is as similar as possible to cryodestruction;
- Superchistotel – an inexpensive and effective cauterizing agent;
- Faresol – has a cauterizing effect;
- Verrucacid – an alcohol-based oil solution with a strong cauterizing effect;
- Adhesives for removing growths;
- Salicylic ointment – has an antiseptic, keratolytic and anti-inflammatory effect, due to which it is effective in the fight against neoplasms;
- Thuja oil.
How to remove papillomas on the face with folk methods
It is strictly forbidden to remove papillomas on their own, using folk remedies for this purpose. Such treatment in most cases leads to the fact that there are significantly more neoplasms, tissue suppuration.
In order to prevent this from happening, it is necessary not only to make sure that the growth that appears on the face is really a papilloma, but also to coordinate the possibility of using traditional medicine recipes with your doctor. These remedies are not always safe and effective.
However, the most effective in the fight against papillomas on the face of folk remedies are the following:
- Wormwood and celandine. The juice of these plants is often used to remove growths, but it is highly not recommended to use these funds on the delicate skin of the face. Substances are considered poisonous, after the destruction of the neoplasm, scars may remain;
- Alcohol. With this tool, even large papillomas are quickly removed, but as a result of these manipulations, the skin becomes dry, inflammation appears on it;
- Vinegar, Lemon Juice and Hydrogen Peroxide. These funds are not so dangerous, but a number of rules must be followed when using them. Any of these substances are diluted with water in equal proportions and applied to the affected area pointwise. Under no circumstances do they exceed the dosage (only one drop is applied to the affected area). After treatment, the skin in this area may become lighter than the rest of the surface of the epithelium;
- Tea tree oil. It is considered one of the safest folk remedies. The liquid is heated and generously lubricated with its growth, covered with an adhesive plaster and left for the whole night. Such manipulations are repeated daily. Therapy lasts about three weeks;
- Potatoes. It is also considered a safe way to remove papillomas at home. Raw tuber is crushed and applied to the growth in the form of an application. To achieve a faster effect, it is recommended to mix the root crop with a minimum amount of hydrogen peroxide. Applications should be applied twice during the day and held for about twenty minutes;
- Garlic and Pork Fat. Garlic is mashed and mixed with pork fat in the same ratio, the mixture is applied to the neoplasm and covered with a plaster. Every five hours, the dressing must be changed. There may be undesirable consequences after using this tool. Under the influence of garlic, redness and inflammation of nearby tissues may appear on the skin. Due to the fact that the bandage must be worn around the clock for four days, the patient is forced not to leave the house all this time;
- Laundry soap. It is used to remove papillomas most often. But despite this, doctors are categorically against its use. This is due to the fact that in the process of rubbing the growth, its damage is possible. In addition, patient reviews about this tool are far from always positive. In most cases, after three days of use, inflammation of the skin is observed. If the therapy is carried out according to all the rules, then the neoplasm dries out soon. But there were cases when such therapy led to tissue necrosis.
In cases where a lot of papillomas appear on the skin, it is no longer possible to cope with such a task as fighting papillomas without strengthening the immune system. To this end, it is recommended to drink herbal decoctions, include foods containing a large amount of vitamin C in the diet.
Learn how to remove papilloma on the face from a specialist. The use of certain folk remedies must be approved by him. Self-medication most often leads to various complications.
The appearance of neoplasms on the face is a serious, at least cosmetic, problem. Given the fact that even after the growth has been removed, it may appear again after a while, it is extremely important to do everything in order to smooth the situation and remove the virus from the active phase.
For this purpose, a number of preventive measures must be observed throughout life:
- Condom use during intercourse;
- Compliance with all rules of personal hygiene;
- In case of any, even minor damage to the skin, injuries should be treated with antiseptic agents;
- Strengthening a suppressed immune system;
- Timely treatment of any disease;
- Proper, balanced nutrition;
- Refusal of all bad habits without exception;
- Full relaxation and healthy sleep;
- Regular walks in the fresh air;
- No stress and ability to manage your own emotions;
- Sports activities;
- Lack of strong physical overvoltage;
- Caution when visiting public places with high humidity (baths, pools);
- If damage to the neoplasms, a change in their shape, color or size, discomfort and bleeding, immediately seek help from a specialist.
From the mere thought of how a papilloma looks, many have fear. For most, growths on the face are only a cosmetic defect, due to which they are removed as quickly as possible. In fact, such neoplasms are capable of malignancy (degeneration into a malignant tumor).
Sometimes it turns out that only insignificant damage is enough to start an irreversible process. This is the main reason why experts strongly recommend removing papillomas. In this case, it is extremely important to carry out the treatment under the supervision of a specialist.
Self-medication in most cases leads to a number of complications. The most harmless among them are considered inflammatory processes and scarring of tissues. But often, incorrect therapy can cause tissue necrosis and degeneration of growths already in a malignant tumor.