Mole, nevus – is a pigment inborn or acquired in the process of life. In the body of every person, there are melanocytes cells that produce a stain (melanin). Accumulating in the upper layers of the skin and appearing on the surface, it forms a mole – the more actively the melanocytes “work”, the more and more pigmentation becomes.
The action of adverse factors or malfunctions in the body lead to the growth of nevi, which can lead to the formation of melanoma (cancer). There are several ways to get rid of a hanging mole today, but before you remove the growth, you need to consult a doctor and determine the nature of the tumor (malignant or benign).
Why moles grow
In some people, pigmentation covers almost the entire body, while others have only a few birthmarks – this largely depends on the genetic predisposition.
Moles can increase under the influence of the following factors:
- Abuse of ultraviolet light (sun, solarium) – UV activates melanocytes cells, as a result of which they intensively produce melanin – new pigments appear, and old nevi become darker and grow;
- HPV – here, the hanging nevus, in fact, is papilloma (a neoplasm of a viral nature), but many people do not see the difference – that is why before getting rid of the growth you should get medical advice;
- Hormonal imbalance – menopause, pregnancy, puberty;
- Infection – frequent dermatological diseases of an inflammatory nature cause epidermal changes;
- Injury – friction, cutting, scratching a mole can cause its growth.
It is difficult to immediately notice the growth of the pigment – on average, a birthmark increases by 2 mm per year. But do not worry – painless, with a smooth surface and soft to the touch nevus is safe for humans. Aesthetic discomfort and localization in traumatic places can serve as a reason for eliminating such a mole.
However, in some cases, removing a hanging mole for a person is vital.
When removal is necessary
Adverse factors, such as UV radiation, provoke a mutation of melanocyte cells, and then the once safe pigment begins to degenerate into melanoma – a malignant neoplasm of the skin.
Symptoms may indicate a conversion to cancer:
- Intensive proliferation of nevus;
- Change in shape (blurred edges of a mole);
- Compaction of the growth, inflammation, soreness on palpation;
- The formation of dark dots in the center of the pigment;
- Surface cracking, bleeding, suppuration;
- Asymmetry and heterogeneity of the growth;
- Itching, peeling is possible.
You can quickly get rid of the neoplasm by resorting to hardware techniques – laser destruction, electrocoagulation or cryotherapy (radio wave, less often surgical excision is also used). You can’t remove moles yourself.
Another thing is if the so-called nevus turned out to be an ordinary papilloma, then the help of a specialist is not necessary (but diagnosis is necessary) – removal can be carried out at home using a pharmacy or folk medicine.
Having established the nature of the neoplasm, the doctor can recommend a method for removing a mole – this:
- Scalpel excision – perform a circular incision, capturing several millimeters of healthy skin. The healing process is long, but there is no relapse. Used in oncology to eliminate melanoma and other malignant skin neoplasms;
- Laser output – used to remove moles up to 10 mm in size. The laser drains the pathological growth in layers, a crust remains in its place, which, falling off, leaves no traces. The healing process is close to 2 weeks. Most often, the method is used in open areas of the body (face, neck, hands, neckline);
- Electrocoagulation – an alternating high-frequency current burns out the nevus, while simultaneously coagulating (soldering) blood vessels. The disadvantage of this technique is scarring of the tissue. The relapse rate is minimal;
- Radio wave destruction – In this way, a neoplasm up to 10 mm in size can be inferred. Blood loss, no scarring. A minor burn remains at the site of exposure, then a crust appears, which on its own is rejected after 2 weeks;
- Cryodestruction – liquid nitrogen is used for removal. The effect of low temperatures freezes the growth, stops its nutrition, as a result of which it dries out and is torn away. There are no traces left.
A pharmacy is a place where you can buy aggressive chemicals for burning skin tumors, such as papillomas, warts or corns. Remember – it is unacceptable to use a necrotizing agent to remove moles.
If after passing the examination your “mole” turned out to be an ordinary benign papilloma, you can remove it with one of the following drugs:
- Ferezol – applied pointwise exclusively over the growth (causes a burn on healthy skin). To remove a small neoplasm, 2-4 drops of a solution are enough. After some time, the pseudo-mole blackens, dries out and after 10-14 days it disappears on its own;
- Solcoderm – before applying the solution, the papilloma is treated with ethyl alcohol. Then, using the applicator, the product is distributed over the surface of the growth, wait a few minutes until a characteristic color change (if this does not happen, repeat the procedure). Next is the process of necrotization and the death of the scab;
- Super pure – Apply for 3-5 days, 1 drop (applied only on top of the growth). Full cleansing of the skin occurs after about 2 weeks – a crust appears, which itself disappears.
In addition, to remove skin neoplasms, they use the Lapis pencil, the Maxi Wart or Cryopharm freezing drugs and many other means, the use of which should be agreed with the doctor.
It is possible to derive a benign skin outgrowth by means of alternative medicine, however it will be somewhat longer than the use of pharmacy drugs.
- Celandine. The neoplasm is treated three times a day with freshly cut celandine juice until characteristic black dots appear, indicating the onset of a necrotizing process. After 2 weeks, the growth should fall away, if this did not happen, re-treatment is carried out.
- Garlic and onion. Use garlic or onion juice, which is dripped several times a day onto the surface of the tumor. The duration of such therapy is 2-3 weeks. You can use dandelion juice in the same way.
- Ash and vinegar. Mix wood ash and table vinegar (it should turn into slurry). Apply the agent daily 3-5 times, excluding contact with healthy skin.
- Iodine.It is also often used to remove hanging tumors of iodine solution, which is treated twice a day with a growth until it dries.
Do not mess with your own health – be sure to consult your doctor before starting treatment.