A wart that appears on the body becomes a cause not only aesthetic, but also medical. This is due to the frequent unintentional trauma of neoplasms. In addition to unsightly appearance, such growths can be hazardous to health.
Chicken corn: what is it?
Plantar growths or tongues were popularly called the chicken ass. This is one of the most common types of neoplasms of viral etymology. Chicken leg on the leg refers to benign formations with a low risk of malignancy. However, rubbing with shoes can lead to the transformation of growth cells into an oncological neoplasm.
Most often, wart growths appear on the lower extremities: on the toes, between them, on the sole or heel. First, a yellowish smooth spot appears on the foot, which eventually becomes covered with scales and becomes brown. Often, a chicken ass between the toes is mistaken for dry corn. This is due to the keratinized upper layer covering the wart. It consists of dead cells of the upper layer of the epithelium – the dermis. The chicken ass does not have “legs”, its roots grow in depth, so removing such a growth is quite difficult.
If you carefully steam out the foot and use the pumice or nail file to remove the keratinized upper layer of the wart, dark blotches become noticeable. These are the thrombosed small vessels – capillaries.
A chicken wart resembles an iceberg. The part located on the surface is a small fraction of the entire neoplasm. Most of them – the roots grow in depth and can exceed the size of the "top" several times.
Causes of occurrence
The main reason for the appearance of any wart is infection with papillomavirus (HPV). The main route of infection is contact-household. HPV infection can occur:
- In close contact with its carrier;
- Due to a violation of hygiene rules (wearing someone else’s shoes, trying on without socks, using someone else’s bath accessories, visiting the pool without rubber slates).
Increase the risk of infection:
- Sweating feet;
- Dry cracked skin of the feet;
- Lack of foot hygiene;
- Deformation of the foot (the appearance of a bone, the curvature of the fingers, especially the little finger, flat feet);
- Wearing tight, small, or uncomfortable shoes;
- Wounds or microcracks on the skin of the foot;
- Concomitant chronic diseases (diabetes mellitus, atherosclerosis, varicose veins).
A distinctive feature of HPV is a long incubation period. As long as the human body is able to give an immune response to a virus attack, HPV is in hibernation. Its activation is facilitated by weakening of the immune defense or its switching to another “enemy”.
Therefore, the appearance of chicken growths is an alarming bell! This is a signal of a weakened immunity.
Education chicken ass goes through several stages:
- The appearance of a smooth spot on the sole or on the toe;
- The appearance of scales;
- The formation of a dense spherical nodule with clear boundaries and a keratinized surface;
- The growth of the growth to two centimeters in diameter;
- The appearance of pain when walking.
Discomfort, and then pain, is associated with the location and deep roots of the chicken growths. Growing, the wart roots compress the nerve endings. This leads to pain when walking. Over time, the pain syndrome intensifies, turning a person into a disabled person, unable to move independently.
How to establish a diagnosis
The appearance of a neoplasm on any part of the body requires a mandatory visit to a specialist. Contacting a medical institution is the key to an accurate diagnosis, timely correct appointment, as well as a prerequisite for quick and effective treatment.
Diagnosis of wart neoplasms includes:
- Visual inspection of the wart;
- Dermoscopy (scraping of the upper layer of the growth);
- A blood test for the presence of papillomavirus.
The danger of chicken warts on the foot
Strains of papillomavirus that cause the appearance of plantar outgrowths are not classified as oncogenic. However, the risk of malignancy of the neoplasm remains. The transformation of a growth from benign to oncological can occur due to:
- Constant rubbing calluses with shoes;
- An unsuccessful attempt to get rid of education by cutting it off with a knife;
- Unintentional wart injury.
To prevent the process of transformation of the neoplasm into a cancerous tumor, a wart should be removed as soon as possible.
How to cure chicken corn
Therapy of chicken warts, as well as other types of neoplasms caused by papillomavirus, is a comprehensive measure. It includes getting rid of growth, taking antiviral drugs and strengthening immunity.
It is best for the doctor to prescribe the treatment regimen. He will confirm the diagnosis, prescribe the most suitable drugs, taking into account the course of the disease, a history of chronic diseases, allergic reactions and other physiological characteristics of the patient.
You can try to cure the chicken ass on your own, using pharmacy drugs or folk remedies. But one should be patient, such treatment is usually long and less effective than the radical methods of traditional medicine. Do not do home-based treatment for warts in children or people suffering from chronic diseases such as diabetes. Atherosclerosis or varicose veins.
The easiest way to cure a chicken wart is by contacting a medical center. Qualified doctors can quickly and painlessly remove unwanted growths using one of the radical methods:
- Laser destruction. One of the most effective methods of getting rid of chicken growths. The laser beam, acting on a neoplasm, evaporates its tissue layer by layer. The remaining small depression is tightened independently for seven to ten days;
- Radio wave removal. The latest non-contact method of influencing the growth, using radio waves of various frequencies. The advantage of the method is to prevent the spread of HPV, due to the coagulation of capillaries, and the lack of risk of secondary infection;
- Cryodestruction. Chicken corn can be treated not only by cauterization, but also by freezing its tissues. Liquid nitrogen, cooled to minimum temperatures, leads to necrosis of the wart tissue. The skin first turns white, then turns red. At the site of the removed growth, a bubble forms, which independently resolves within a week. The disadvantage of this method is the inability to assess the depth of exposure to nitrogen. Therefore, to achieve the result, several procedures may be required;
- Electrocoagulation. Burning a tumor with a high-frequency current, closed in a loop. Gore and lymph form a natural dressing over the wound, protecting against the entry of pathogens. Not suitable for old formations with deep roots;
- Surgery. The surgeon removes the growth with a scalpel. The technique is recommended only for large neoplasms or in case of suspected malignancy. The most traumatic procedure requiring local anesthesia. A scar remains at the site of the cut out growth.
What method of wart removal to choose, the doctor will advise, taking into account the characteristics of the body, wishes and financial capabilities of the patient.
For adherents of conservative treatment, pharmaceutical companies offer a wide selection of medications. You can buy them at any pharmacy without a prescription. However, given that the composition of such preparations includes aggressive alkalis or acids, it is better to consult a doctor before use.
The principles of the use of medications:
- Comprehensive treatment is the key to success. Therapy that combines the removal of growth with the use of antiviral and immunostimulating drugs is the fastest way to get rid of them forever;
- Strict adherence to the instructions drawn up by the manufacturer will protect you from undesirable consequences;
- To protect the healthy skin around the wart from chemical burns, a greasy cream or adhesive plaster will help.
The basis of drug therapy are antiviral drugs: Acyclovir, Imiquimod. The destruction of HPV at the cellular level in most cases leads to the disappearance of warts.
If growths remain, you can remove them at home with the help of medicines. They are available in the form of an ointment, solution, cream or patch. The most effective are:
- Lapis pencil;
To enhance the effect before using these drugs, it is recommended to steam the damaged skin in a hot bath with sea salt and soda. So the active substance quickly gets into the source of infection, removes not only the surface layer, but also the root of the chicken ass.
Immunomodulators – Imiquimod, Viferon contribute to the development of its own interferon. This substance is produced by the body of a healthy person in response to a viral attack. They accelerate the destruction of papillomavirus cells and strengthen the body's defenses, reducing the risk of relapse of neoplasms.
You can get chicken ass using recipes of healers from the people. Perhaps some of them will not inspire confidence in you, but their effectiveness is confirmed by the reviews of patients who have tried the treatment on themselves. Harmlessness, accessibility, the ability to carry out treatment without leaving your home are the main advantages of therapy with the help of folk remedies.
The cauterizing properties of this plant gave him a second, popular name – a warthog. Juice from the stem of a torn celandine is an excellent way to get rid of chicken ass. But such treatment will be effective only during the flowering period of the plant: from early May to late June. In another period, you can buy in the pharmacy Mountain celandine, containing an extract of medicinal herbs.
A small amount of juice or extract of celandine processes the neoplasm two to three times a day until it disappears completely. The average course of treatment is three to four weeks.
If you get the flu or a cold, eat more garlic. If garlic copes with such viral infections, you can use it against HPV.
For this, a peeled clove of garlic is crushed using a garlic press, grater or knife. The resulting slurry is spread on a plastic wrap or parchment. The pre-steamed affected area of the skin is wrapped with the obtained compress, fixed with a bandage or plaster. Leave until morning. The manipulation is repeated for two to three weeks, until the growth completely disappears.
Such a household product as vinegar can be found in the kitchen of any housewife. To remove the plantar growths, you will need only a few drops of ordinary table vinegar. Gently apply vinegar to the neoplasm, avoiding contact with healthy skin. Repeat three times a day for two to three weeks.
Take a small piece of propolis and knead. Cover the wart with the resulting mass. Secure with adhesive tape. A propolis compress should be worn without removing for two weeks. After taking a bath, replace with a new one. After two weeks, remove the propolis cake, clean the top layer of the neoplasm and apply a new compress.
Usually, three to four procedures are needed to completely get rid of the chicken ass. A course of treatment will take from one to two months.
It will not be possible to completely cure papillomavirus, but you can avoid the repeated appearance of defects on the skin.
To do this, you need:
- Follow foot hygiene;
- Do not use other people's hygiene products;
- Try on shoes in a sock;
- Wear leather comfortable shoes;
- Moisturize the skin of the feet with a nourishing cream.
These simple measures will protect your legs from the repeated manifestations of papillomavirus, and chicken warts will forever be in the past.