Mycosis affects different parts of the body, but the main place of its localization is the feet, namely the fingers and the space between them. The frequency of diagnosing a fungus on the lower extremities is due to their increased humidity due to excessive sweating. If you do not treat the disease in a timely manner, then it will go not only to neighboring healthy fingers, but also to nails, as well as a significant part of the foot.
Interdigital mycosis treatment with drugs
The fight against fungus between the toes is based on the use of topical preparations. The following are included in the list of best drugs with antimycotic properties:
- An effective but inexpensive drug is clotrimazole ointment. Destroys yeast, moldy fungi and dermatophytes. The first result of its use will be noticeable 5-6 days after the start of treatment – itching, unpleasant foot odor and redness of the skin will go away. But this is only a visible improvement, for complete healing it is necessary to continue treating the legs for at least another 14 days;
- Candiderm is also inexpensive and helps to quickly get rid of the fungus. The effectiveness of the drug increases if you drink vitamins and eat more plant foods with its use. Apply cream to the sites of infection 2 times a day – in the morning and in the evening. Toes will have to be treated from 2 to 4 weeks. The drug has contraindications. Candiderm is not used during chickenpox and during pregnancy. It is forbidden to apply it on children's legs, as well as with skin tuberculosis;
- Nizoral cream – azole antimycotic. The active substance is ketoconazole. The drug is applied 1 time per day to the washed feet, while lubricating not only the affected skin, but also nearby healthy tissues. Treatment lasts up to 6 weeks;
- Lamisil is available in the form of a spray and gel. The main component is terbinafine hydrochloride. Processing of the feet with this tool is carried out 1 time per day. The course of treatment is 7-20 days, depending on the complexity of the particular case.
Other topical preparations that give a good result and have an affordable price include:
Pills that treat fungus on and between the toes
Antifungal medications for oral administration help to quickly defeat the infection than medicines for external use. However, these medicines are highly toxic, so their use is permissible only as directed by a doctor. Oral antimycotic drugs are practically not prescribed for children and pregnant women, and the course of treatment does not exceed 7-14 days.
The list of tablets for mycosis on the legs:
Cheap pharmacy products with antiseptic effect
The simplest method for treating mycosis is treating the area between the fingers with iodine. It negatively affects the structure of fungi, causes coagulation of their protein. In addition, the substance kills bacteria, thereby protecting the injured skin from inflammation. A little iodine, preferably diluted with water (1 to 1), is applied to the foci of a fungal disease with a cotton swab. The procedure is carried out 2 times a day.
Boron powder has a similar effect. This is a potent acid that has an antiseptic effect. You can use it to make a bath. A teaspoon of boron is poured into a basin with 5 liters of water. The feet soar in it for exactly 20 minutes, after which the fingers and the entire surface of the feet are lubricated with a cosmetic moisturizer.
Other inexpensive products sold in the pharmacy that can remove the fungus on the legs:
- Doctors recommend using castor oil. It restores the water balance of the skin, disinfects and inhibits the activity of pathogenic microflora;
- If for some reason a person cannot be kept limbs in hot water, then you can use ordinary household soap. Feet are washed using this hygiene product, wiped with a paper towel and sprinkled with talcum powder. Be sure to put on a sock;
- Novocaine helps reduce itching and other symptoms of the fungus. The cotton pad is well wetted in the solution and places with foci of mycosis are wiped with it. The second option is a bath. The contents of the ampoule are poured into 3 liters of water. Keep sore fingers in it for 20-30 minutes;
- Hydrogen peroxide (3% peroxide solution), the price of which does not exceed 30 rubles per 100 ml, relieves the skin of mycosis in 2-3 weeks. It saturates the tissues with oxygen and thereby stimulates the regeneration of the cover. It also kills germs and bacteria. Method of application: moisten a piece of cotton wool, squeeze it slightly and apply to a sore spot for 15 minutes. Feet do not need to be washed after.
Folk healers know how to remove the toe fungus without potent drugs:
- Soda is diluted in hot water with essential oils. The liquid is used for foot baths;
- Tea infusion with vinegar can easily cope with fungal infections of the skin of the feet. In a glass of boiling water, 1 teaspoon of black tea is brewed. After the drink is infused, it is necessary to strain it. Add 9% vinegar (1 tablespoon). The resulting liquid is washed on the affected areas of the skin;
- Vinegar is found in many recipes for treating interdigital mycosis, especially apple. With this tool, you can rub damaged skin 2 times a day and the fungus will disappear in literally 10 days;
- Copper sulfate, despite its high toxicity, is often used in folk medicine. The most common use is homemade ointment. It is made from butter and 3 g of vitriol. The finished product is smeared on the site of localization of the fungus twice a day;
- Lemon has high acidity, which negatively affects the fungus. Citrus is cut into thin slices and smeared with mycotic lesions. You can make a cream. You will need honey (1 teaspoon) and a few drops of lemon juice. The ingredients are mixed and applied to the skin.
Causes and symptoms of fungus between toes
Interdigital mycosis appears due to infection by pathogenic microflora. The infection is resistant to extremely high and low temperatures. She easily tolerates interaction with many disinfectants, which explains the difficulties in combating it.
An infection is transmitted through:
- bath mats;
- bath accessories;
- manicure tools;
Places where you can catch a fungus include:
- manicure room;
- swimming pool;
- gym (if you walk barefoot on the floor);
- shoe store.
The pathogen first gets on the foot, then, if there is damage on the skin, it penetrates deep into the tissues and begins to multiply actively. But this does not always happen. With good immunity, spores of mycosis are fixed in the skin, but do not cause symptoms of the disease. At this time, the person is a carrier of the fungus and does not suspect it.
At risk for fungal infections are people with diabetes. This disease disrupts the metabolism, complicates the healing of the skin. Other diseases that make a person vulnerable to fungal infections include:
- inflammation of the lymph nodes;
- lack of vitamin;
- disorders in the digestive tract, especially intestinal dysbiosis.
People with such health problems should pay special attention to skin conditions. In no case should you use someone else's clothes and shoes. You should refrain from walking barefoot, not only on the beach or in the gym, but even in your own home.
Signs of mycosis
The initial stage of development of the fungus on the fingers or between them can be asymptomatic. If the immunity is weakened, then a slight itching appears. Often, discomfort occurs next to the little finger, sometimes under the thumb. Discomfort disappears briefly after washing the feet.
The stronger the disease develops, the brighter the symptoms become. Itching is unbearable, especially at night. At the same time, scratching the itchy place does not save, it only leads to new problems – wounds and skin irritation. Inflammatory processes may begin. You can see how a running fungus looks between the fingers, in the photo below.
Burning is added to the itch. The skin turns red, begins to peel off in thin layers. Small cracks appear from which white discharge comes out. Between the fingers is constantly wet.
The rate of transition of a disease from one form to another depends on the strength of the immune system. With a weakened body, the period between the initial, middle and advanced stage lasts about a week.
A dermatologist can diagnose a fungus. Scraping is taken from the problem area, and then sent to histology. This analysis helps to identify the type of microorganism and select the right treatment.
Reviews on the treatment of interdigital mycosis
Valery, 54 years old.
The fungus between the fingers appeared after a business trip. In the hotel room he wore disposable slippers, which for some reason were not in the package. Now I think that these shoes were not new. At night, itching. There was no time to go to the doctor, he began browsing the Internet. There I found a review about salt treatment. She (2 tablespoons) was bred in a liter of water. He steamed his leg for 20 minutes, then wiped it off with a paper towel. You can not use tissue, since re-infection can occur through it. It took me about a month to get treatment.
Elena, 24 years old.
Infected with a fungus from my father. I went to the hospital, where I was prescribed Itraconazole tablets. Saw for exactly a week. The finger itself smeared with Nizoral. I noticed improvements quickly, literally in 5-6 days. Now, for prevention, from time to time I do baths with iodine or soda.
Plato, 38 years old.
The fungus arose suddenly. At first he did not cause discomfort, but then his fingers began to itch very much. Later, white discharge appeared between them. A familiar dermatologist immediately diagnosed with mycosis. The treatment consisted of treating the skin with iodine and taking Irunin tablets. Two weeks later, the legs were healthy.