The appearance of a wart causes discomfort not only moral, but also physical. Especially if such a neoplasm is deployed between the fingers, where it is constantly rubbed or injured.
Chicken ass or callus wart on the fingers was nicknamed for its unaesthetic appearance. This is the most common variety of all benign growths that have a viral etymology.
At the first stage of the disease, a smooth round yellow spot appears on the arm. Over time, the growth grows, acquires a brown shade and becomes covered with scales. In the center of the growth, a lump with a “paw” is formed. The neoplasm has a wide base and a deep root. If chicken hen is not treated, a daughter appears near the first growth, which, growing together, form one large growth. Under the upper stratum corneum, black spots of clogged small vessels are noticeable.
Causes of occurrence
The main reason for the formation of chicken ass on the finger is infection with papillomavirus. Penetrating into the bloodstream, HPV integrates into epithelial cells. Their rapid growth begins, which leads to the appearance of growths. You can get HPV:
- In direct contact with the carrier of the virus;
- In case of non-observance of personal hygiene;
- When using other people's towels, soaps;
A characteristic feature of papillomavirus is its long incubation period. For a long time, HPV does not manifest itself. And the appearance of neoplasms indicates a decrease in immunity.
The formation of a chicken ass on the finger goes through a number of stages:
- A smooth yellowish spot appears;
- The surface of the spot rises by 1-2 mm;
- Scales form on the surface;
- Education hardens, boundaries become noticeable;
- Near the first growth, daughter ones are formed.
HPV strains leading to the formation of chicken callus are low oncogenic species. However, there is still a risk of malignancy. To become an impetus for the transformation of a harmless growth into a malignant tumor can:
- Incorrect removal of the growth;
- Unintentional injury to the wart;
- Constant grinding of the growth.
In order to exclude the risk of malignancy, it is necessary to timely get rid of the neoplasm that has appeared.
How to get rid of a chicken ass
The first stage of any treatment is to consult a dermatologist. He will diagnose, clarify the diagnosis, recommend the best way to remove the growth. Therapy of wart growths is a complex measure, including getting rid of neoplasms, taking antiviral and immunomodulating agents.
Chicken corn can be handled on its own, but such treatment will take time, patience and accuracy. In order to avoid complications and relapses of the disease, any treatment should be carried out under the supervision of a specialist.
Specialized clinics and medical centers offer such methods of removing tumors:
- Laser destruction. A quick and safe way helps get rid of the growth using a laser beam. The growth evaporates and disappears layer by layer. At the site of the distant formation, there is a deepening, which is independently tightened for a week;
- Electrocoagulation. High-frequency current cauterizes the growth. From the dried blood and lymph, a crust forms, which protects the wound from the ingress of pathogenic microorganisms. Minus of the technique – a high probability of a scar or scar;
- Cryodestruction. Freezing out growth tissue with liquid nitrogen. At the site of the wart, a bubble forms that cannot be punctured and soaked. He blown away independently after seven to ten days. The inability to control the depth of cold exposure may cause the need for a second procedure;
- Radio wave removal. Contactless exposure of the radio knife excludes the risk of secondary infection at the site of a remote neoplasm. Coagulation (cauterization) of blood vessels and small capillaries prevents the spread of papillomavirus;
- Surgery. It is carried out under local anesthesia and requires a long rehabilitation period. It is used only for overgrown neoplasms or with suspected malignancy.
The basis of drug therapy is the use of antiviral drugs – Acyclovir, Imiquimod. They fight HPV cells in the blood. The destruction of the papillomavirus from the inside leads to the disappearance of growths.
In parallel, ointments, creams, gels, solutions or plasters are used, which cauterize the neoplasm tissue. The most effective are:
- Lapis pencil;
- Salicylic acid;
- Wartner Cryo.
The main rule of using local products is to strictly follow the instructions and protect healthy skin from burns. The composition of all these drugs includes more aggressive components – alkali or acid. To enhance the effect, it is recommended to steam the affected area.
To prevent relapses and speed up the healing process, dermatologists recommend taking a course of immunomodulating drugs. They stimulate the production of interferon – a substance produced in the human body in response to a viral attack. Local immunostimulants include: Panavir, Viferon. To increase general immunity, Kipferon or Isiprinol are prescribed.
For those who prefer to be treated with natural remedies, traditional medicine recipes are suitable. Of course, such therapy will take much longer. However, this is the most affordable and safe way to get rid of skin defects.
A universal remedy for all skin problems. Celandine juice squeezed from the stem of the plant is treated with growths twice a day for three to four weeks. However, the juice of the plant will be effective only during the flowering period – from the beginning of May to the end of June. At other times of the year, it is better to use a ready-made pharmacy drug – Mountain celandine.
Everyone knows about the therapeutic properties of garlic for colds or flu. Its effect on HPV is similar. The damaged area is steamed in hot water and the upper keratinous layer is carefully removed with a nail file or scissors.
The peeled garlic clove is cut into slices, applied to the growth, fixed with a bandage or adhesive plaster and left until morning. In the morning, the procedure is repeated, applying a new garlic plate. They are manipulated daily for three to four weeks.
For the removal of chicken asses, ordinary vinegar is also suitable, which the housewives use for harvesting vegetables for the winter. A few drops of vinegar essence must be carefully applied to the steamed corn. Repeat three to four times a day until the growth completely disappears.
Unfortunately, there are no drugs that can completely cope with papillomavirus. However, to avoid the re-emergence of chicken growths is quite within everyone's power. To do this, you need:
- Balance your diet
- Avoid hypothermia;
- Treat hands with antibacterial gel after visiting crowded places;
- Do not use other people's hygiene products;
- Keep your hands clean.
Such simple rules will protect not only the patient himself from a relapse of the disease, but also his family members and friends from infection.