Condylomas are growths on the skin provoked by the presence of the human papillomavirus in the body. Many are interested in the question of whether these neoplasms can pass by themselves. It depends on the state of immunity and the presence of other chronic diseases. At a young age, the body's defense factors are stronger, so the probability of the disappearance of genital formations is higher.
Factors affecting the growth of skin tumors
There are many reasons for the growth of various types of papillomas. The formation of warty growths on the skin is provoked by the introduction of the human papillomavirus into the body. Under his influence, a mutation of the genetic apparatus occurs inside infected epithelial cells. The consequence of this is too rapid cell division and their incorrect differentiation, maturation. There are growths on the skin, including the genitals, which have the appearance of inflorescences of broccoli cabbage.
These neoplasms can be present for a long time on the skin, often for life, even after undergoing antiviral and immunomodulating therapy. However, some patients note their spontaneous disappearance, they simply disappear.
Condylomas can go away without treatment for several reasons:
- The virus stopped entering the body and its concentration in the cells decreased. This occurs when the sexual partner is changed to a completely healthy and uninfected HPV. The load on the immune system is weakened. She begins to cope on her own.
- Missing factors that reduce immunity. These include immunosuppressive drugs such as cyclophosphamide, cycloserine, mercaptopurinol, methotrexate, glucocorticoid hormones.
- Symptoms could be seasonal in nature, i.e. papillomas formed in the fall or spring, when the immune system weakens and copes poorly with viruses.
- Diseases that contribute to the weakening of the body's defense have been cured. Often, papillomas pass by themselves after curing genital infections, such as chlamydia, mycoplasmosis, genital herpes, candidiasis, and gardnerellosis. The secretions from these infections can irritate and moisturize the skin, facilitating the penetration of the human papillomavirus into it.
- Vitamin deficiency disappeared, leading to a weak immune system. Improving nutrition can occur when moving to warmer regions, where vegetables and fruits are better.
- Pregnancy has passed, that is, childbirth has occurred. Women in position are in a state of immunodeficiency, which disappears after birth.
Genital warts and other skin tumors caused by papilloma viruses can become malignant tumors. This is determined by the degree of oncogenicity of the HPV present in the body. With a high risk of neoplasm, it is necessary to remove, as well as carry out antiviral treatment. If the appropriate therapy is carried out, condylomas can disappear by themselves.
HPV in most cases persists in humans for life. However, there are cases when he was expelled (eliminated) from the body and the person recovered, or the condylomas disappeared – they left by themselves. To accelerate the elimination of the virus and clean the skin from growths, it is necessary to undergo a course of immunostimulating and antiviral therapy.
For the treatment of HPV:
- Antiviral drugs.
In the treatment of papillomavirus, interferons are used – Reaferon, Viferon. Reaferon is available in the form of ampoules for injection, as well as for oral administration. Viferon in the form of rectal suppositories, gel. Also use immunostimulants – Polyoxidonium, echinacea extract, Cycloferon as prescribed by the doctor. Vitamin complexes that help it fight infections strengthen the immune system. The drug Zidofovir inhibits the development of viruses.
Topically apply Epigen-intim spray, which contains glycyrrhizic acid. This substance interferes with the penetration of infection. Local immunity is enhanced, and as a result, condylomas can disappear on their own.
In the presence of chlamydia and mycoplasmosis, antibiotic therapy is prescribed as prescribed by a venereologist or gynecologist. Antibacterial agents that work against these intracellular infections are Macrolides (Josamycin, Azithromycin), Tetracyclines (Doxycycline). Before taking antibiotics, tests are carried out for the sensitivity of pathogens to them.
Against trichomoniasis and gardnerellosis, Metronidazole and Tinidazole are used. Getting rid of this type of infection will prevent skin irritation and maceration, which condone HPV aggression.
Genital candidiasis often accompanies condylomatosis of the vulva, anus. His treatment consists in taking antifungal agents – Fluconazole, Itraconazole as prescribed by your doctor. Before using these drugs, sowing is carried out with a determination of sensitivity.
Genital herpes significantly weakens the immune system in the fight against the spread of papillomavirus. To suppress HPV of various types, Acyclovir, Valacyclovir, Foscarnet sodium are used with resistance to the first line of drugs for the treatment of herpes infection.
In women with genital condylomatosis, vaginal dysbiosis is treated with antibacterial agents, suppositories with antiseptics – Betadine, Hexicon. Probiotic drugs are prescribed orally, as well as in the form of suppositories – Atzilact, Bifilis. These drugs increase the activity of local immunity of the genital organs.
If condylomas passed by themselves, this means that the body managed to destroy the infected cells on its own, or with the help of antiviral therapy. More often, spontaneous disappearance of neoplasms occurs in young people, as well as during treatment.