Nevus or mole is a benign neoplasm, the basis of which are pigment particles of the epithelium – melanocytes. If you notice that a papilloma grows from a mole, this may be the beginning of the malignancy process.
Melanoma or skin cancer is the most serious cancer disease. Today, there is an increase in melanomas witnessed by doctors, as well as an increase in the lethal outcome of this disease. There are characteristic features that distinguish nevus from melanoma.
In the area of special attention
It is easy to miss melanoma developing from a mole. And pigmented areas of the skin are at risk of degeneration of the epithelium at the cellular level. A sharp increase in nevus should alert in the first place.
Additional evidence of the transformation of cells into cancer education is:
- Blurring borders;
- Tenderness on palpation;
- Color change;
- The appearance of bleeding;
- Leaking fluid from a mole.
Untimely appeal to a specialist can cause the progression of cancer, the development of metastases.
If a papilloma has grown on a mole
The appearance of papillomas is associated with human infection with HPV (human papillomavirus). Additional differentiated studies are recommended if papilloma appears on a mole. The main goal of such analyzes is to establish the benignness of the neoplasm, as well as to exclude the development of dysplasia.
Depending on the results of studies, a treatment or observation program is developed.
It includes three variations:
- Remaining under observation – in the absence of signs of degeneration;
- Mole removal – if dysplasia is detected;
- Melanoma control: excision of a neoplasm, the appointment of chemotherapeutic procedures or radiation.
If the mole is blackened
In addition to the problem of papillomas grown on the nevus, a change in its color can also alert. Many are afraid of the black or dark brown shade of the mole. Do not panic, the blackening of the nevus does not always indicate the process of rebirth. But such signs as:
- Color blurring – the appearance of lighter and darker areas;
- Pain in the area of the mole;
- Bleeding and crusts that form on the surface of a mole;
- The appearance of detachable particles;
- Swelling of the nevus;
- Fuzzy outline;
- Inflammation and redness.
The presence of at least one of the listed symptoms is the reason to immediately consult a doctor and begin treatment.
Causes of Malignancy
All factors that provoke the transformation of mole cells into oncological ones are conditionally divided into controlled and uncontrolled. Controllable factors include:
- Injury formations;
- Prolonged exposure to the sun;
- Visit to the solarium.
Uncontrolled causes of malignancy include:
- Sunburns received in childhood;
- A large number of benign nevi;
- Genetic predisposition – the presence of relatives suffering from melanoma.
Therapy for papillomas that grew on a mole
The protocol for the treatment of growth on nevus is a complex of measures:
- Taking a biopsy using local anesthesia (tissue size for the study is two millimeters or more);
- When confirming the benignness of the nevus and growth according to the results of histology, the patient remains under observation;
- If dysplasia (superficial melanoma) is detected, the neoplasm must be removed immediately.
The risks of developing melanoma
There are signs of poor skin protection to an aggressive external environment and a tendency to develop pathologies. These include:
- "Milk" skin;
- Red hair color;
- Blue eyes;
- Skin prone to sunburn or poorly tanned;
- Freckles on face and body.
The presence of such features increases the risk of growth of oncogenicity of melanocytes.
Characteristic signs of melanoma
The first signs of the process of degeneration of nevus cells into an oncological tumor were indicated above. As for the classification of melanomas, sometimes even a specialist can establish a diagnosis without additional clinical studies. The following basic types of skin cancer are distinguished:
- Dysplasia or superficial melanoma is the most common cancer;
- Nodular melanoma is an aggressive form, manifested in the form of a seal on the skin;
- Lentigo – a cancer located in the head, neck of the elderly;
- The sub-ulnar variety attacks the epithelial tissue under the nail plate.
Timely seeking medical help will help diagnose the pathological process in the early stages and stop its development. Without active therapeutic measures, melanoma quickly metastases.
Doctors give these recommendations to prevent the malignancy process:
- Reduce, and if possible, prevent injury to the neoplasm;
- Not in the sun during hours of increased activity;
- Use cream with a sun protection factor of more than 20;
- Wear T-shirts or shirts with sleeves;
- Protect your head with a panama hat, cap, hat;
- Undergo an annual routine inspection.
The location of melanoma is different in men and women. In women, the legs become a dangerous zone. The reason is the removal of hair on the legs. For men, the problem is the back. This is due to direct sunlight. Men often walk without shirts or t-shirts. Regular routine examination ensures the diagnosis of the early stages of the disease.
Be healthy and remember: your health is in your hands. A careful attitude to your body, preventive examinations and compliance with the recommendations of doctors will help prevent the development of a serious pathology.